Hello from Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone,

New member to Scubaboard even though I've been on here before to see people's recommendations on various things! My main reason for joining was getting ideas on upgrading my camera equipment. I have the Big blue tray with great lights & using my gopro.... But thinking I want to upgrade from the gopro, but still use the same tray as I like the size..... (maybe wistful thinking)

Welcome from Missouri!!

DW

Welcome to SB from the great state of Maine!
Dive safe!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa......good luck with your camera upgrade and would love to see some photos from down under...

Hi Sydney. The Sealife Micro 2.0 is pretty small (micro, in fact) and can shoot video but does not have the gimbel effect of the new go pros. I am a shtty photographer so I appreciate the simplicity and smallness.

Hello and welcome. Might want to check out the Olympus TG-6. My wife loves hers and uses tray that is pretty small. Backscatter.com has some great videos showing a lot of the options for the camera.

The TG-6 is a great upgrade to the GoPro camera. Is your Big Blue camera tray the one with the GoPro or the universal (screw) mount? If it is the latter then switching to another camera will be fairly easy.

Greetings Sydney from the Solomon Islands!

Welcome to the community of scubaboard. You’ll find lots of helpful advice and support here.

A couple of years ago I changed over from a GoPro to the TG5 and am having wonderful results. I don’t have the inclination to go down the rabbit hole of high tech UW photography but admire those who do.

For wide angle, macro and video the TG5 is excellent. The TG6 is probably even better.

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Rachael Chidgey. You've come to a great forum where you can spend time during your surface intervals.

Back
Top Bottom