Strange "hypnotic" feeling during dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcosis or Alien Abduction, one or the other. Do you feel any residual effects of being probed? :)

No residual effects, dry inside and out lol.

Narcosis was my initial guess as well, but it just feels off that we dive the same mix and the same depths all the time and this has never happened before. Also 25 m on proper nitrox 32 is not very deep.

Also it did not happen on the deepest point but on the way back.

I would also agree to narcosis. It can happen to anyone at any time. Did you do something differently prior to your dive?

We did everything the usual way I guess. Filled tanks together, did our GUE EDGE, just a regular dive...

It felt like it only happened for a few seconds before I woke to my senses...

We did everything the usual way I guess. Filled tanks together, did our GUE EDGE, just a regular dive...

Vertigo can do that, as well. Also, we narc different based on amount of sleep, hangover, hydration, etc. We are weird little organisms susceptible to so many different variables. Its a wonder we can get out of bed, at all. Speaking of which, I'm going to take another nap now.

What is GUE EDGE, seasickness pills?

What is GUE EDGE, seasickness pills?
upload_2020-5-12_18-4-56.png

Noting that Lake Zurich is >1300 feet above sea level, is this a good time to drag out the old narcosis-altitude hobby horse for another round of beatings?

I'm not an expert in memorization, but it seems that replacing five D's with three E's and two G's isn't a great leap forward in catchy mnemonics.

GUE is the six sigma of diving.

Nitrox has little to no effect on narcosis as some consider O2 to be just as narcotic as nitrogen. Basic tech diving info. Narcosis is not well understood. Its effects can be amplified by conditions, physical fitness, emotional state, or just because it decides to manifest itself.

Nitrox has little to no effect on narcosis as some consider O2 to be just as narcotic as nitrogen. Basic tech diving info.

Yeah, I know, but I've seen it hashed over here, so I offered to muddy the waters by bringing it up.

I'll go with narced as well. What you had for breakfast and how well hydrated you are can play into it. Even stress of life outside the dive is a factor. And the current data does not support Nitrox does anything for being narced. O2 has the same narcotic effect as N2. Have to add some He to change that.

Back
Top Bottom