Multiple deaths diving off NC coast May 10, 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so a thorough accounting of the facts as known now...

couple went diving, one retired one not. dive was on one of two wrecks. depth was ~100 feet. mix was possibly 30% nitrox. after expected return to dive boat bubbles stopped. (current could not have been to bad if boat could see bubbles from mooring) diver sent down. divers found unresponsive. CPR failed to revive. Boat took back to dock per coast guard. divers pronounced dead.

@letterboy

couple went diving, one retired one not. dive was on one of two wrecks. depth was ~100 feet. mix was possibly 30% nitrox. after expected return to dive boat bubbles stopped. (current could not have been to bad if boat could see bubbles from mooring) diver sent down. divers found unresponsive. CPR failed to revive. Boat took back to dock per coast guard. divers pronounced dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YES ! I trust you ! You are an expert !
So am I when on the SCUBA Board

FYI.
We also know the victims were from Franklin County, their names, professions and the were married with a passion for recreational diving

SDM

@letterboy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YES ! I trust you ! You are an expert !
So am I when on the SCUBA Board

FYI.
We also know the victims were from Franklin County, their names, professions and the were married with a passion for recreational diving

SDM
ahh yes, I forgot a few things :)

I am an expert in all things, pub related ;-)

I still trust you !
But not after 4:30 !-when the pups open

And always remember in addition to being incredibly intelligent iI am also ncredibly handsome
(according to my pre school grandchildren)
sdm

The hydro tester does thousands of fire extinquisher tests and just a couple of handfuls of scuba tank tests. They don't change and clean the water out of the pressure vessel and was probably the source.

That is pretty speculative. The hydro shop I used did thousands of O2 cylinders tests. Their procedures were probably different.

Totally off topic, but when I last dove with Discovery (I believe Sept. 2019) they told me they were retiring the 6 pack boat and would only be using the bigger boat after last season...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom