When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday we did get 6-7” of rain too, could be bilge pump checks??? Thought it was supposed to rain today and tomorrow but looks wonderful now...
Are you sure that's inches and not cm? We got what I would have called a "good" rain. We needed it, and hopefully it helped with the wildfires on the mainland. But I would have guessed less than 2" on Sunday, maybe 2.5" for the weekend. There was some street flooding, which is normal, especially when the drains haven't been cleared for a while, but that's pretty much gone except for a the small puddle here and there.

Still, with no bilge pump and a v-hull, that could start to cause problems, so it's very likely why the boats were pulled out, or at least moved.

Are you sure that's inches and not cm? We got what I would have called a "good" rain. We needed it, and hopefully it helped with the wildfires on the mainland. But I would have guessed less than 2" on Sunday, maybe 2.5" for the weekend. There was some street flooding, which is normal, especially when the drains haven't been cleared for a while, but that's pretty much gone except for a the small puddle here and there.

Still, with no bilge pump and a v-hull, that could start to cause problems, so it's very likely why the boats were pulled out, or at least moved.

I was going off what Paula said in the morning, she's way south of town but said 3.5" for the morning burst and we had those two others...

It's really hard to judge, the pool overfilled in the morning, pumped it down, it filled again, pumped it again and it filled again LOL - The first filling was at least 6" and the others about 3" but there is run off from the patio....

We got a decent amount of rain, nothing really unusual about it, maybe a little more but not terrible.

Anyone call DAN yet and ask their stance on diving and NDLs post-Covid-19 infection?

I am seeing reports of heart, lung and blood vessel issues post-infection. My thoughts immediately went to diving.

I’m not sure about boats moored there but all the glass bottom boats that are usually moored in the passenger ferry area have long been moved out - there was only the trash boat and a private sailboat moored out there. They’ve been gone for a month it seems.
My morning ritual on weekdays is to go to that webcam (Grand Park Royal Cozumel, Cozumel, Quintana Roo - Webcams de México) as I am having my coffee and starting up my work computer. Ever since the port closed there had been the same 3 or 4 boats moored in the lower right part of the frame. I don't remember if I looked at the webcam over the weekend, but this morning (Monday 5/11) the boats are all gone and I saw another boat passing by out past the end of the cruise ship pier. Something has apparently changed with the port.

My morning ritual on weekdays is to go to that webcam (Grand Park Royal Cozumel, Cozumel, Quintana Roo - Webcams de México) as I am having my coffee and starting up my work computer. Ever since the port closed there had been the same 3 or 4 boats moored in the lower right part of the frame. I don't remember if I looked at the webcam over the weekend, but this morning (Monday 5/11) the boats are all gone and I saw another boat passing by out past the end of the cruise ship pier. Something has apparently changed with the port.
I was talking with a friend on the island and was told that some substance fishing is allowed but it was tightly controlled. I believe she said it was limited to local fishermen and I believe no more than four on the boat. Hour and areas were tightly controlled by the marines and there have been a few violations that triggered a response by the armada.

QRoo now in decline phase

Health officials announce start of decline phase for state of Quintana Roo - Riviera Maya News

Cancun, Q.R. — After more than six weeks into the country’s Sana Distancia for coronavirus in Mexico, the undersecretary of health says the state of Quintana Roo is in the stabilization phase.

Hugo López Gatell-Ramírez, subsecretary of Prevención y Promoción of Salud for the Gobierno of México says that the state has finally reached its decline phase. The announcement was made during a press conference at the National Palace where he confirmed the new figure of 35,022 cases for the country.

During his conference, he pointed out that Quintana Roo is the only state showing stability, adding that when observing information of the “Incidence Rate of Active Cases by Federal Entity”, Quintana Roo, which was more active 10 days ago, is now being displaced in transmission intensity by Mexico City, Tabasco, Morelos and Yucatan.

I was talking with a friend on the island and was told that some substance fishing is allowed but it was tightly controlled. I believe she said it was limited to local fishermen and I believe no more than four on the boat. Hour and areas were tightly controlled by the marines and there have been a few violations that triggered a response by the armada.
Puerto Morelos opened fishing but 4 to a boat and only 5 fish per person and for personal use. Hard to pay the gas when you have to get out of the marine park.

Back
Top Bottom