Cancun opening in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 1st always looked completely delusional to some of us.

I wouldn't say delusional, exactly. No one wants to stay in lockdown any longer than necessary, so they set these dates up as provisional and then push them back as necessary. It keeps being necessary, is all.

I wouldn't say delusional, exactly. No one wants to stay in lockdown any longer than necessary, so they set these dates up as provisional and then push them back as necessary. It keeps being necessary, is all.
In case you missed this in the other thread. And it's from today, not a month ago.

Quintana Roo inicia en rojo el Plan de la Nueva Normalidad de México
The return to the "new normal" will have three stages. This return begins on May 18 in the first stage; the second, from May 18 to 31; and the third, from June 1, as specified by the Secretary of Economy, Graciela Márquez.

It is being reported the US / Canada travel restrictions will be extended and both US and Mexican officials anticipate extending the US / Mexico restrictions on non essensial (tourist visa) travel. June 1st is looking doubtful.
Canada, U.S. are likely to extend travel restrictions until June 21: sources

I hate to say this because I really don’t want folks doing this. There isn’t any restrictions on coming here on a tourist visa.

My wife returned today - we are residents - her residency card must be renewed as it’s almost been expired the max allowed 55 days. There were three people on the flight, her and a couple.

The couple got a great deal on an air bnb in Tulum - the host was to take them around places. These are two tourists here on a great deal vacation - WTF????

Tulum is under same rules as us, 7pm curfew, beer is gone, everything is closed.

In case you missed this in the other thread. And it's from today, not a month ago.

Quintana Roo inicia en rojo el Plan de la Nueva Normalidad de México

I think give these things a few days for the translations to get retranslated and something’s explained better.

One way I seen it is the color coding and q roo is listed as one of the worst, another way was states could alter federal guidelines, another way was stretching re openings into August.

It’s frustrating being here with mixed signals......

I hate to say this because I really don’t want folks doing this. There isn’t any restrictions on coming here on a tourist visa.
There are several posts on the Cozumel4You and On the Road in Mexico Facebook pages about people flying and driving into Mexico over the past 2 months without being asked for residency cards.

One lady recently posted on Cozumel4You that her husband was still working at a hotel on the island which was staying open on the down low and had new tourist arrivals every week.

No idea why anyone would want to fly into the middle of a quarantine lockdown zone, but to each his own.

No reopenings are going to be guaranteed until the day after they happen. They really should just commit to 1 month blocks and announce the status one/two weeks before then as a standard.

I think give these things a few days for the translations to get retranslated and something’s explained better.

One way I seen it is the color coding and q roo is listed as one of the worst, another way was states could alter federal guidelines, another way was stretching re openings into August.

It’s frustrating being here with mixed signals......
It's frustrating being here with mixed signals too.

My wife returned today - we are residents - her residency card must be renewed as it’s almost been expired the max allowed 55 days. There were three people on the flight, her and a couple.

The couple got a great deal on an air bnb in Tulum - the host was to take them around places. These are two tourists here on a great deal vacation - WTF????

Tulum is under same rules as us, 7pm curfew, beer is gone, everything is closed.
I believe there is. Travel to Mexico is on a visa other than tourist. Mexico citizen or recidency visa holder or business.
COVID-19 Information for U.S. Citizens in Mexico | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico

I believe there is. Travel to Mexico is on a visa other than tourist. Mexico citizen or recidency visa holder or business.
COVID-19 Information for U.S. Citizens in Mexico | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico

There were three people on today's American flight 1256 into Cozumel - one was my wife that is a resident. Two were tourists here for five days staying at an Air BNB in Tulum, they were not residents, they filled out the tourist card.

My wife said you didn't have to provide any different documentation when boarding her initial flight or the one in DFW. There are no travel restrictions according to what she experienced today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom