My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw someone once who had a RBFK (short sword size) on each calf.

When I asked why 1. Such big knife and 2. Why two of them, his response....... great conversation starter.

Two recreational regular buddies wear the BFKs. I always razz them about it. All in good fun. :D

I saw someone once who had a RBFK (short sword size) on each calf.

When I asked why 1. Such big knife and 2. Why two of them, his response....... great conversation starter.
Trilobites are great until you end up in an underwater knife fight, then you'll wish you had a RHFK on each limb.

Seriously, two devices adequate for cutting most likely entanglers on the dives you are doing (and no more) is perfectly adequate.

Trilobites are great until you end up in an underwater knife fight, then you'll wish you had a RHFK on each limb.

Seriously, two devices adequate for cutting most likely entanglers on the dives you are doing (and no more) is perfectly adequate.

and that's why I carry a underwater lightsaber in my sidemount pouch. Who needs a BFK?

In addition to shears in a pouch I used stainless rivets to mount a UK remora at my waist on my webbing. No one ever saw it as it is black but they come in colors too. Great knife, never corroded after years and stayed sharp enough to cut about anything.

BFK and GBFK are a sure sign of goonism or deficiencies in some other area.

on the calves is so you can reach it with both hands (1 knife) on the shoulder or arm 1 cutting tool is none you need 2 if that's the way want to carry it , in my tech classes you carry a min 2 cutting tools reachable by BOTH hands ............jm2c

rdvet what makes you think you cant reach it ? I carried mine there for 20 years before I moved it to the center of my belly band (rec config)

and that's why I carry a underwater lightsaber in my sidemount pouch. Who needs a BFK?

A full sized lightsaber? That's irresponsible! It's a tangle hazard!

Well mine might get delayed further.

We were planning for the first sessions to be Memorial Day Weekend, but with the Keys closed, and South Florida charters if they are operating are doing so at reduced capacity he isn't sure.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom