NEWER COZUMEL TRIP REPORT AND PICTURES. PART 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love watching garden eels dancing! Great shot of them! I've never even heard of the basket star let alone seen one. That was way cool! I am truly going to miss looking for your trip reports when I log on here to escape to Cozumel thanks to your old reports. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from deep within my soul for carrying me to the island if for only a short time as I enjoyed all 20 of your posts over this crazy pandemic time of life. This east coast southern gal really appreciates your time, effort and extreme talent of photography! Gracias! :)

This will be my last post. Surely someone else has some old, or even newish, trip reports to share during the shutdown...anyone?

I have lots of videos, but I don't do trip reports. Wake, dive, eat, drink, sleep, repeat. Is there anything in particular you want to see?

I have lots of videos, but I don't do trip reports. Wake, dive, eat, drink, sleep, repeat. Is there anything in particular you want to see?

I would love to see all of your videos. If I can't dive, I can at least dream. I've noticed something peculiar - when I watch underwater video, my breathing slows down. You?

Dolphins, manta rays or mermaids.

Thanks for sharing all your trip reports Jim - very much appreciated since our trip to Scuba Club in March was postponed.

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

Here are a couple top side pics from a couple years ago when the tall ships were there.
20180821_223806.jpg
20180821_192207 (1).jpg

Great report, and pics! I've been to Coz 8-9 times, but it's been nearly a decade since my last visit. This summer may mark my return, though, especially considering the limited options currently. But, I wanted to say that your pics somewhat sold me on it. I don't remember seeing nearly that much macro stuff on previous trips. I hold great value in dive guides that don't merely swim along making sure nobody gets lost, but that actively look for and find critters for you (especially the little stuff). So, unless it's just that you're just a damn good spotter yourself, I imagine an op live Scuba Club Cozumel may be right up my alley.

Great report, and pics! I've been to Coz 8-9 times, but it's been nearly a decade since my last visit. This summer may mark my return, though, especially considering the limited options currently. But, I wanted to say that your pics somewhat sold me on it. I don't remember seeing nearly that much macro stuff on previous trips. I hold great value in dive guides that don't merely swim along making sure nobody gets lost, but that actively look for and find critters for you (especially the little stuff). So, unless it's just that you're just a damn good spotter yourself, I imagine an op live Scuba Club Cozumel may be right up my alley.

Honestly, it's a combination; I'm a good spotter, my wonderful wife finds things, and I've benefited from fantastic dive guides who love to dive and are great at finding little stuff. Over the past thirty years I've spent countless hours in front of the hotel poking around and shooting macro. If you tell the guides what you want to see, most will go out of their way to find it for you. Sometimes, you get lucky.

Thanks for sharing all your reports, @jlyle! They've been like little mini-vacations for me.

I'm not a photographer, but do have some GoPro (read: terrible) video somewhere on my computer from our last Cozumel trip in 2016. I'll try and dig it up and see if any of it is worth posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom