Buhlmann questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to implement Buhlmann to check my understanding.

I often saw graphs like the ones in this article:

Deep Stops and Gradient Factors

Am I correct if I say that these are particular to a single tissue ?

Is my understanding correct that since each tissue has a different a and b then we would get different lines for the supersaturation limits ?

Is my understanding correct that since each tissue has a different a and b then we would get different lines for the supersaturation limits ?

The answer to your specific question is yes, different lines with different m and c in y = mx + c

However those graphs are wrong about gf lo,

Take a look at Marian stuff on dive-tech.co.uk and his recentish GF article which might have been in some magazine.

I don’t know what it is but most people who right articles about GF screw it up. Do you have a github account? You can add helium and constant ppO2 to my code if you like.

Ok, I sent an invite. The last time I touched it was at Xmas and the comments reflect me about to release it generally due to the “Honest it it Buhlmann, trust me I am a Doctor” DC threads. I never did as I had real work to do. Recently I have been thinking of bunging a REST front end on it and making a web page for that that lets people do stuff like get NDLs which are otherwise tedious.

@KenGordon thanks I’ll have a look. I just wanted to have a go at implementing from scratch to learn Jupyter, matplotlib and checking my understanding

Ben-Stein-Bueller-256x256.jpg

Buhlmann ..........................Buhlmann.............

The Buhlmann algorithm defines 16 theoretical compartments. Each one has different times and a and b factors so the algorithm has to apply the overall time and pressure to each one accordingly. At any given time during the dive one compartment may be closer to the M value than the others and it becomes the controlling tissue. Since a chart would look rather complicated with 16 lines going every which way it is usually depicted as just focusing on the controlling tissue usually not specifying which compartment group that it belongs to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom