What is your favorite "Rig.? B.C. BP/W Horse Collar or ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Breakwater

"Outlaw." Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello. I'm curious what people are using for their dives? My first B.C. in 1999 was a U.S. Divers Seamaster, back mount with 50lbs of lift. I also had a U.S. Divers (Yellow.) Horse Collar, and a Seaquest (Orange.) Horse Collar.
I then, transitioned to BP/W. The equipment is modular, and the versatility is excellent. I have (4) tanks with dedicated STA`s that never come off. Switching tanks can be done blind folded.
I bought (3) Apeks Black Ice B.C.D.s at an Estate sale, new with tags. They have never seen water because, I really like my wings. Probably, keep one, and sell the others..... (Anyone familiar with those, or use them?) Anyway.......
Please, post some pictures of your "Kit." I think many people would like to see them, I know I would.....:cool:
I've attached a photo of my "Underwater Tuxedo. " I have (2) others...this is my favorite. What's your favorite?
Cheers.
View media item 209703

I like my xdeep rec sidemount rig for travel and I use my dive rite nomad sidemount for non travel or technical sidemount.

I dive 95% no stop, just 5% light deco. I've been diving a SP Knighthawk since 2006. I dabbled with an Aqua Lung Outlaw but didn't like it for all my diving.
Any photos?????

I dive a BP/W. For cold water diving, I have a DSS plate with DSS plate weights and Oxycheq 40# extreme wing. For tropical diving, I use a Fred T plate with an Oxycheq 18# camo wing (ironically, so my gear will stand out against everyone else's black gear).

I built my own BBW with a SS plate that I hydro dipped,VDH #18 wing, Piranha harness and Aqualung griplock tank bands.
IMG_3039.JPG

The very first piece of gear I got after my OW class 13 years ago was a Halcyon SS BP/wing. I'm just doing warm-water liveaboard trips these days, but I wouldn't consider using anything else, unless I decided to start diving in the Mexican caves again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom