Today’s regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wants to go home. All cleaned, serviced, tuned and breathing great. :-D
I fell like @thbcthomas gets dibs, but if he is out I could be very interested.

I fell like @thbcthomas gets dibs, but if he is out I could be very interested.

He actually sold it to me and is not really interested. You do know it is a 108 and not a 109 right? It does breathe very well and looks better than the pictures. PM me if your interested.

Guess who has a birthday tomorrow and found himself a sweet birthday present?
Screenshot_20200516-093238_Facebook.jpg

Guess who has a birthday tomorrow and found himself a sweet birthday present?View attachment 586401

That is currently my everyday diver. Primary and secondary. That is some really nice looking chrome.

That is currently my everyday diver. Primary and secondary. That is some really nice looking chrome.
Yes it is! With the frequency, or lack there of, that I dive, it will probably stay in that condition.:eek:

My project today is to rebuild a 1967 Voit Trieste utilizing some secret skunk works ideas to make it breathe better than stock. I've run all metal parts through my ultrasonic cleaner and laid out all original, NOS and new parts in order of assembly. I sized all the original o-rings and found a great chart on VDH that translates Voit oring part numbers to todays oring sizes. Here goes ..... :)

P.S. Also had to swap out a Titan II body for the Trieste body as the Trieste body was all buggered up inside and FUBAR. Of interest to me was the fact the Titan II 1st stage had a US divers HP seat and a .630" pin so didn't have to trim down a Conshelf pin. It is also an early model without a teflon backup retaining ring in the balance chamber, just a -.006 o-ring. Once I get it together and get the cracking pressure as low as possible I'll experiment with some venturi adjustments...

EGrcPk.jpg

A few pics before the rebuild:

2OGyBL.jpg

oeGCeO.jpg

I love mine ! I haven't dove it in a few years you just pushed me to dig it out and dive it today ! (ps mines a little different it has a j valve on it )

Definitely not today's reg, but just found this Draeger Secor 300 S in the bay. It was almost exclusively built for the German Military between 1975 and 1985 as far as I know, it's made of stainless steel (antimagnetic) from one block. Draeger calls it 'piston' first stage, weird technique with static IP at low tank pressure about 12psi higher than with full tank.
I'm pretty sure it never touched water.
Those military guys must have been real heroes if that adjustment is the original one from Draeger and was standard, static IP 85psi at full tank, CE 1,9 inch/h2o and pretty lousy performance at flow for nowadays standards (the dismantled first is a pretty worn DIN Secor 300 first I found in my cupboard, last photo).
Anyway, it's also pretty shiny from the front and I like it.........:)
P1050584.JPG
P1050609.JPG
P1050590.JPG
P1050601.JPG
P1050616.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom