Upper Stonecliffe Village and Da Swisha - Scuba Diving - August 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treasurechaser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Learned of this via the Deep River Underwater Club website (now offline). Very interesting dive. Vis is 3 feet at best. Temps were ok. The report I have on it says depth should be around 30 feet but I bottomed out at 14. Lots of artifacts such as bottles, horeshoes, actual human shoes, kitchen supplies, bricks.

There was a guideline, I followed it to the end and it led to a pile of rubble. If I have the time in the future, I may go back, worth a 2nd dive.

The video is not the best quality, mistakes were made. I selected the wrong view on the gopro, using linear instead of fisheye, leading to a zoomed in style. Nice bit of history of the place with photos near the very end.

Enjoy.

Here's a full dive site analysis Dive Hub by Tom R. from Kingston, ON.

ok Found the boat launch.

A10C3D36-A409-48F3-9927-63DDC0FE0E69.png

ok Found the boat launch.

View attachment 585738

Thats the spot. There were a few buoy markers out there as well, but when we went to them, there was nothing in the water. Someone had setup guide lines as well, but the one I followed led to nothing. I really enjoyed the dive, it was a nice challenge, and I am always excited to see what is actually there and to see the history of this area.

Looks like plenty of bottles, too. How was the current?

Looks like plenty of bottles, too. How was the current?

Current below breakline was weak. Above water was a little stronger. It was a dive that was hard to get to. Fortunately, at the time, I had family who had a cottage near Combermere (location of the Mayflower shipwreck in Lake Kamaniskeg) couple hours away, which made a nice base camp. Cottage was sold and now this would be a 6-ish hour drive from my current location just outside London, ON.

Back
Top Bottom