HP 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have PST 120s and use them all the time for NC coastal diving. I'm 5' 11" and I've never thought of them as cumbersome. I like having a lot of gas left over or being able to do light deco if I choose to.

AL 80s, HP 80s, 100s and 120s are the same diameter, 7.25 inch. The 117 and the 133 are fattys, 8 inches.

Like I said, when I use my 120 I have to adjust my tank straps because it's bigger than my 100.

upload_2020-5-17_18-39-15.jpeg IMG_9817.jpeg

Screenshot_20200517-195308.jpg
Hey everyone, thank you all so much for the replies on the last post. Decided to stick with steel tanks . Another (what I think is great) deal came to me and I was wondering what you it's think about 120 HP tanks. I was hoping some 100s would come to market soon but I would rather get a second steel HP now and look for 100s in the future.

I think this tank is a PST 120HP , currently in Hydro for a couple years, o2 clean but out of Vis.

Are these tanks known to fail or are they worth keeping for a long time. I'm not quite sure of the age of tank, only that it's older.

View attachment 586535 View attachment 586536
Hello. How are you? That's a great tank. I've always used big tanks. The two on the left are Faber H.P. 120's They're 7.25
The one on the right is a Faber L.P. 121 at 8 inches. I thought the visual size comparison might be helpful. I'm 6'3" tall 245 Lbs.
I manage at my age to Toss'em around pretty good. Keep your eye out bargains come around.
Cheers.

@Skoock , can you post the full factory stampings so that we can confirm what it is?

If treated reasonably (i.e. kept dry inside) the PST HP 3500s seem to last fine. There are tons here in the Mid-Atlantic and I have 4 120s from '94 and 6 similarly vintaged 100s.

As a long-torsoed 5'10" guy, I find the 120s just about at my limit for length but not too bad on weight. Nice to have 20% more gas.

I’m 6’4” and love my e-7 3442 XSscuba (PST) 120, hot dipped galvanized. Best tank ever made next to all my vintage steel 72’s. I know they don’t relate but 72’s have a charm that is hard to explain.
The length of the 120 is perfect and I like the skinnier profile.
I wish I could find one or two more.

I am going by recollection, but I believe my daughter’s AL 80s have the same diameter as my 120s.

A steel 100 is a little shorter than an AL80. A steel 120 is about 3 inches taller than an 80. The 120 weighs about 7 lbs more than the 80 and about 5 lbs more than the 100. And then there is the weight of the extra air at the start, about another 1.6 lbs. I don't know the 119, the 117 is a short, fatty, an inch shorter than the 100 and 3-4 lbs heavier.

I'm 5'10" and long waisted, though I can dive it, the 120 is a too long for me.
PST HP119 are the same length as HP100 but 8" diameter

View attachment 586684
Hello. How are you? That's a great tank. I've always used big tanks. The two on the left are Faber H.P. 120's They're 7.25
The one on the right is a Faber L.P. 121 at 8 inches. I thought the visual size comparison might be helpful. I'm 6'3" tall 245 Lbs.
I manage at my age to Toss'em around pretty good. Keep your eye out bargains come around.
Cheers.

Ya the size and weight don't really bother me. Already wearing a Drysuit so the big tank doesn't make much difference for mobility.
It's taller than my 119 but weighs about the same so easy to swap in a day. I got it for a good price today so I'll use the two of them until I decide I need to spend more money on even moreee scuba gear

@Skoock , can you post the full factory stampings so that we can confirm what it is?

If treated reasonably (i.e. kept dry inside) the PST HP 3500s seem to last fine. There are tons here in the Mid-Atlantic and I have 4 120s from '94 and 6 similarly vintaged 100s.

As a long-torsoed 5'10" guy, I find the 120s just about at my limit for length but not too bad on weight. Nice to have 20% more gas.

It's a 1996, o2 clean in Hydro in good shape. Definitely my limit for height too but definitely isn't too big

Yes there are differing height - diameter 120ish tanks from various manufacturers

Back
Top Bottom