Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, those are our flights.
Unbelievable.
You may have chosen the main cabin fare instead of basic economy with no seat selection.

You may have chosen the main cabin fare instead of basic economy with no seat selection.

Aha!
That would be it.
We have to sit together. I'm 6'1" and need to shift over into her space occasionally, and she's 4'10" and needs to put her legs on top of mine sometimes to take the stress off her back, legs and hips as her feet don't touch the floor.

Hardly scared off by suggestions of how to save money and social responsibility. Thanks for how to get to Cozumel suggestions, but I don't see any suggestions in the way of discounts or deals. Regarding flights American has some going out in August, September and later. People with limited cash flow usually are good at budgeting and finding discounts and deals. No difference trying to research a discount on a hotel or get the best car rental rate. Thus me asking if anyone was aware of any. :wink:

Respectfully I understand why they may not, but some travel destinations are.

Hardly scared off by suggestions of how to save money and social responsibility. Thanks for how to get to Cozumel suggestions, but I don't see any suggestions in the way of discounts or deals. Regarding flights American has some going out in August, September and later. People with limited cash flow usually are good at budgeting and finding discounts and deals. No difference trying to research a discount on a hotel or get the best car rental rate. Thus me asking if anyone was aware of any. :wink:

Respectfully I understand why they may not, but some travel destinations are.

Really? I thought Don offered lots of suggestions on finding good deals. You can get a decent older hotel in town for a fraction of the cost of a new seaside resort and still get pretty much the same Cozumel experience in terms of diving. Which is the main reason for being there, right?

A lot of people fly into Cancun and take the bus/ferry to Cozumel. Sometimes that can save $200-300 on airfare. It takes about 3 hours and whether it is a brutal burden or part of the fun varies by individual.

If you're not up to actually leading a trip, go with 4 or 5 friends and then ask the dive op for a group rate.

ReefHound: Yes, he did. Apologies. I guess the post wasn't clear. I didn't know if anyone heard of any shops or resorts that were offering reduced DIVE trips/costs. One other great way of finding deals is asking people who may know. :)

The flights are cheap. Hotels have reduced costs. I know some dive operators are dive/stay locations. Thanks for all the suggestions on traveling, but I was hoping for dive deals specifically. Thanks again.

for dive deals i would suggest contacting shops directly to discuss. they need cash flow right now. you "MAY" find that some will offer discounts if you are willing to pre pay for a dive bundle for a future trip. i have seen this offered by some hotels and dive ops in other destinations. the problem with this of course, is that if they go out of business, you lose your money.

for dive deals i would suggest contacting shops directly to discuss. they need cash flow right now. you "MAY" find that some will offer discounts if you are willing to pre pay for a dive bundle for a future trip. i have seen this offered by some hotels and dive ops in other destinations. the problem with this of course, is that if they go out of business, you lose your money.

Thanks Rick00001967. Like most I'd love a dive deal, but I don't feel comfortable asking outright for it. They are struggle like so many. Likely sounds strange, but I'd rather them offer to public what they feel like they can or not. I've definitely been pursuing sites and their facebook pages. Thanks!

i understand. i am kinda like that as well.

but i don't see a problem when on the phone and discussing bundles prices, asking if they offer any discounts for paying up front in advance.

i think it would be different if you called and said, " hey, will you guys give me 20% off if i pay you now ?". haha

not all shops are great at running their web sites and keeping up to date. many are not very proactive in marketing either. maybe the shop has not even thought of offering this. so in a way, you might be helping by giving them a new idea to attract future customers and generate some cash flow.

i understand. i am kinda like that as well.

but i don't see a problem when on the phone and discussing bundles prices, asking if they offer any discounts for paying up front in advance.

i think it would be different if you called and said, " hey, will you guys give me 20% off if i pay you now ?". haha

not all shops are great at running their web sites and keeping up to date. many are not very proactive in marketing either. maybe the shop has not even thought of offering this. so in a way, you might be helping by giving them a new idea to attract future customers and generate some cash flow.
Check out the Sea Robin site on Cozumel. They are offering 20% discount for purchased gift certificates. Good for 2 years to redeem. So there is your 20% discount.

never heard of these guys but there you go devileyedog. underachiever just found what you are lookin for. they can't be the only ones.

Back
Top Bottom