GUE & Halcyon Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George was never a part of GUE.

And you thought that my post would be the time to disassociate GI3 from GUE after many posts about him in a thread about "GUE and Halcyon"?

GI3 was part of the WKPP and conceptualized DIR with Main, JJ, etc. GUE was formed to distance itself from what DIR had become through GI3, etc. However, apparently that was only strictly in a business sense and strong ties continued behind the scenes. Of course, I wasn't there. I believe you were. I paid attention at the time and later because I was interested in GUE without the drama, and my eyes were opened by people who were there. As I'm sure you know, they enjoyed the free publicity and didn't mind GI3's internet persona to a large extent, and enjoyed strong friendships.

Do we need to resurrect the old email chains from 2005 or so that might still be archived on SB with all the squabbles and accusations back and forth between GI3, GUE, and AG that led to AG being booted out? BTW, I believe I still have copies of the email chains from back then on a backup of an old hard drive.

Was that because GI3 had nothing to do with GUE? He was still behind the scenes.

The problem with GUE is that they cannot accept that, them too, can have not so perfect instructors, standards, etc ...
It reminds me when they started to built their website. Some people were telling them nicely there were some technical problems here and there but the reply was that the problems could only be on the people making the remarks not on their side...
I did 3 courses with them. Two were really good but the last one was a catastrope. The guy had no sense of how to adjust his teaching...and worst he had no sense that teaching had to be adjusted.
As for using H, I don't own a single piece of H equipment and it wasn't a problem for the courses.

And you thought that my post would be the time to disassociate GI3 from GUE after many posts about him in a thread about "GUE and Halcyon"?

GI3 was part of the WKPP and conceptualized DIR with Main, JJ, etc. GUE was formed to distance itself from what DIR had become through GI3, etc. However, apparently that was only strictly in a business sense and strong ties continued behind the scenes. Of course, I wasn't there. I believe you were. I paid attention at the time and later because I was interested in GUE without the drama, and my eyes were opened by people who were there. As I'm sure you know, they enjoyed the free publicity and didn't mind GI3's internet persona to a large extent, and enjoyed strong friendships.

Do we need to resurrect the old email chains from 2005 or so that might still be archived on SB with all the squabbles and accusations back and forth between GI3, GUE, and AG that led to AG being booted out? BTW, I believe I still have copies of the email chains from back then on a backup of an old hard drive.

Was that because GI3 had nothing to do with GUE? He was still behind the scenes.

OK Jon Snow.

FWIW I was there with AG the weekend that he got drummed out of GUE. He was teaching what was probably his last DIRF for GUE in Banff and I was doing the video for the class. It was ugly. George was definitely piling on that weekend but whether or not he did it at the behest of GUE or whether he just never liked AG i can't say. But George was never part of GUE. He was a cheerleader for sure but JJ and GUE were trying to separate themselves from him even before that.

Shortly before that, AG saved the life of an ex-divebuddy of mine who screwed up with mismarked gases and became unconcious underwater. Because of that I can't think a bad thought or word about AG, without him my buddy would have died.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom