Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just pre-purchased a dive and stay package from Deep Exposure for a future date TBD for 7 nights hotel and 5 days of diving for $675. They are offering other discount packages too.

i would say take whatever discounts you can get and outrageously tip the crew and dm's. That's my plan, anyways. Pre-purchase dives from your favorite operation (if you trust them, of course) to help them bridge the gap.

I suspect a lot of people are going to have to take a refresher course when this shtstorm finally ends. i wonder if that's going to help.

I just pre-purchased a dive and stay package from Deep Exposure for a future date TBD for 7 nights hotel and 5 days of diving for $675. They are offering other discount packages too.

good deal for the yankees. too bad the canadian exchange rate is like 40% or more.

Given the concern about the stability of so many businesses right now, it looks like a return to the good ol' days might be advantageous, where folks would fly in, drop their luggage at the hotel and grab a beer, then walk around the general area of Salas and 5th, and shop directly with the various dive shops.
I used to love wheelin-n-dealin' with the customers, face to face, and by minding the shop for just a couple weekend evenings, I could usually score a few resorts and certs for myself, and fill up most of the boat for the week. But once everybody grew accustomed to buying their dive packages via the internet from back home, walk-in business dropped to a trickle. I know everyone loves the convenience of booking over internet, but I kinda blamed it for ending a Cozumel ritual that I was fond of. After that, it seemed that a couple of the bigger, higher-profile operations managed to corral an even larger share of the business, and a number of smaller operations really took it in the pants.

good deal for the yankees. too bad the canadian exchange rate is like 40% or more.
Canadian dollar CAD = 72¢ USD = 17 MXN Pesos.

good exchange to the peso doesn't help when the price is in usd. google has 1 usd = 1.39 canadian today. that is slightly better than it has been lately. but you won't get that at a bank here. they will add a little somethin' for themselves on top of that.

good exchange to the peso doesn't help when the price is in usd. google has 1 usd = 1.39 canadian today. that is slightly better than it has been lately. but you won't get that at a bank here. they will add a little somethin' for themselves on top of that.
upload_2020-5-18_16-26-54.png

Fair point, but as I've mentioned a few times before when folks ask for advice for a first trip down: When prices are in dollars, you generally want to give them dollars. For things priced in pesos (usually smaller stuff like souvenirs, meals, taxi rides), you're better off paying in pesos. That way the operation gets what they (presumably) prefer, and the customer doesn't get hosed coming and going, on the exchange rate.
When buying from over the internet another country, obviously, all bets are off.

Check out the Sea Robin site on Cozumel. They are offering 20% discount for purchased gift certificates. Good for 2 years to redeem. So there is your 20% discount.
Thanks! I'll check it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom