Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, so when heading on a liveaboard I guess this means not being able to see the logs (not an issue but good to know).
Or show the logs to the operator.

On my last liveaboard, we were steaming to a remote location (Revillagigedo Islands) when all the paperwork was done. No Internet connection at all.

That's odd. Bluetooth connection works fine between my Mk1 and my iPhone without Internet connectivity. I can control music on the phone, use Find My Phone, use Find My Device. I'm sure Notifications would work, too, but there won't be many notifications if there's no internet connection.

What doesn't work is anything that requires connection to the Internet: uploading activities, changing some settings, browsing activities and other data.

Another update and a reset and it's working much better, now I can connect and use non data functions, however you are correct I can not upload activities.

Or show the logs to the operator.

On my last liveaboard, we were steaming to a remote location (Revillagigedo Islands) when all the paperwork was done. No Internet connection at all.

That is not an issue as I still use a paper logbook (call me outdated) but it's a very minimal one and really more of a summery than log book.

So, Descent Mk1 is on sale again. Regular summer-drumming-up-business sale, or a price break to move old stock in preparation of something?

Really want to jump on the sale, but really don’t want to regret not waiting if a new one comes out in a few months...

Jim

So, Descent Mk1 is on sale again. Regular summer-drumming-up-business sale, or a price break to move old stock in preparation of something?

Really want to jump on the sale, but really don’t want to regret not waiting if a new one comes out in a few months...

Jim
Yeah I saw that too. I suspect they want to release the MK2 but want to dump the MK1 inventory.

Yeah I saw that too. I suspect they want to release the MK2 but want to dump the MK1 inventory.

I feel like we went through all of this sometime last year, and it turned out to be just a plain old sale. Really hope it’s not this time, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Jim

They had the same discount a few months back, so I'm not too optimistic.

Found this article yesterday
upload_2020-7-14_13-36-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-14_13-36-1.png
    upload_2020-7-14_13-36-1.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 110
  • upload_2020-7-14_13-36-1.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-14_13-36-1.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 95
  • upload_2020-7-14_13-36-20.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-14_13-36-20.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 85