Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks caydiver but that info is about the Caymans, I was hoping for input on Bonaire.

We are all anxious to get back to normal. I have a trip to Cozumel and Bonaire on the Books for Nov and Feb for 3 weeks stay each.

The issue I have is getting C19 while going to the islands. Both places have limited, very limited, ICU beds if you were to get complications. Medical evacuation insurance is useless for C19 evacuations now (once declared pandemic, you travel, your stuck).

I have spent time in the "Hospital" in Bonaire and it is somewhere you don't want to be in an emergency life situation. You will be medical evacuated off island to Columbia or Curacao (pray you go to Colombia). That cost is on you!

If you considering just walking on a plane with C19 and flying home, that is selfish of you. You would be knowingly putting peoples lives in danger.

Bringing C19 to the island would be another concern.

I am hopeful a vaccine is ready by Feb, but reality is mass producing and distributing that many doses will take alot of time.

We all want to get back to normal and start diving again. I am just not willing to risk my health or others.

I understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. I have a slightly different opinion pertaining to this virus. I would like to return as soon as the island is reopened. Just looking for any info. Not much coming out of Bonaire right now. Respect!

I understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. I have a slightly different opinion pertaining to this virus. I would like to return as soon as the island is reopened. Just looking for any info. Not much coming out of Bonaire right now. Respect!
Not much coming from Bonaire right now, mostly I guess, because "we" don't know.

Yes, we need tourism, but we also don't want to get the virus in.

Don't think tourism flights will be back this year.

Mid June?

Delta to resume flying to St. Maarten, several other major routes
LOCAL | By Correspondent May 19, 2020

ATLANTA, PHILIPSBURG - Delta Air Lines said on Monday that it would resume flying several major routes in June that were suspended due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. This includes St. Maarten and several other Caribbean and trans-Atlantic destinations.

Delta is adding roughly 100 more daily flights in June versus May, even as its overall second-quarter schedule is expected to be 85 per cent smaller than last year’s.

From Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia, Delta plans to resume flights to destinations in the Caribbean including St. Maarten, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire; Kingston and Montego Bay, Jamaica; Nassau, the Bahamas; Providenciales, the Turks and Caicos Islands; Punta Cana, the Dominican Republic; and St. Lucia.

Bonaire airspace is closed until June 15. That may be why Delta has picked that date to resume flights. But the airspace closure can easily be extended....

Bonaire airspace is closed until June 15. That may be why Delta has picked that date to resume flights. But the airspace closure can easily be extended....

In addition to resuming air traffic, how is the island going to treat incoming travelers? Currently the repatriated citizens are told to lock down/self quarantine for 14 days. Will the same apply to non-residents? If so my next trip will need to be 4-6 weeks, 2 for quarantine + 2 to 4 to dive. As long as internet works, I'm good to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom