Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't really saying the internet necessarily killed local ops, just that it drastically reduced the once-popular tourist routine of strolling around town on Friday or Saturday evening, and shopping deals directly with the shops.

That's not a Cozumel thing. Almost everybody pre-books now. I remmber as a kid on family vacations, my dad never booked ahead. He might study his AAA book but we'd roll into town, he'd pull into a motel with a Vacancy sign, and go in to check rates. All too often he'd come out and we'd go to next one. I'm not sure if we have become less spontaneous or prebooking has just so much easier.

That's not a Cozumel thing. Almost everybody pre-books now.

Well of course I realize that, I was just speaking in the context of this thread topic, and the sub-forum it's in (Cozumel), and where the bulk of my dive experience has been. I can't really piss and moan with any authority about anything in Fiji or the Maldives ! :D

Almost everybody pre-books now.

i agree this is mostly true these days. certainly for hotel rooms. but for diving i must say i don't think we have ever pre paid for it. pre arranged it, yes. but we usually get a better price by paying on site in cash. maybe we have just been lucky to be able to do this. travelling in off or shoulder season helps too.

i agree this is mostly true these days. certainly for hotel rooms. but for diving i must say i don't think we have ever pre paid for it. pre arranged it, yes. but we usually get a better price by paying on site in cash. maybe we have just been lucky to be able to do this. travelling in off or shoulder season helps too.

I'm equating pre-booked with pre-arranged, even if you pay for it on site. I don't think I've ever paid more than a small deposit in advance for diving. Point is, you've done your scouting in advance, selected a service, and made a reservation. You're not stepping off the plane and shopping for the best diving deal upon arrival, which is what Mark was talking about. Well I suppose you could if you haven't prepaid anything but that wouldn't be very classy.

Blue Angel is running a hotel/dive package special

care to share ? i don't see anything other than the regular packages.

care to share ? i don't see anything other than the regular packages.
Aldora is running a deal too

aldora-3.jpg

aldora-2.jpg

aldora-1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom