cruise ship on webcam right now 5/20/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at webcam located at El Cid, I can see a small cruise ship docked. (7pm on 5/20/20)
What's going on?

cruise ship still there this morning on the webcam.

They probably don't have anywhere else to go, and are trying to arrange air transportation for any other non-essential crew remaining on the ship.

they should dedicate cruise ships to vaccine testing facilities. That way, if people turn into zombies a la "I am Legend" we can contain them.

Sure, you laugh now but just wait.

it has departed now. safe passage for all is prayed.

dropping off Mexican citizens
That was Carnival Glory. Dropped off 76 Mexican citizens who were crew members. Disney Fantasy did the same about 10 days ago. I've heard rumors that Celebrity/RCL may do the same.

I'm not certain why they were in port so long. They arrived Wednesday afternoon, and some of the photos showed people disembarking well after dark. They didn't leave until around mid-day on Thursday. Maybe picking up supplies? Carnival owns that pier, but I believe they (normally) still have to pay port fees. But if they were helping the local economy, I'm not complaining!

That was Carnival Glory. Dropped off 76 Mexican citizens who were crew members. Disney Fantasy did the same about 10 days ago. I've heard rumors that Celebrity/RCL may do the same.

I'm not certain why they were in port so long. They arrived Wednesday afternoon, and some of the photos showed people disembarking well after dark. They didn't leave until around mid-day on Thursday. Maybe picking up supplies? Carnival owns that pier, but I believe they (normally) still have to pay port fees. But if they were helping the local economy, I'm not complaining!
I think maybe one factor behind why they were there longer than usual is that they probably aren't particularly in a hurry to go anywhere right now.

maybe there's a spot somewhere in the open ocean where they all park, turn on their headlights, and hang out. you know, like teenagers with their cars in parking lots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom