Southwest - no new June Cancun flight bookings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All the June dates just went Unavailable today and the first flight you can book online is July 1st. The rep I spoke to said she was told they are still flying and honoring current bookings, but not taking any new reservations for CUN in June. Another bizarre decision.

was told they are still flying and honoring current bookings, but not taking any new reservations

that does sound odd

They probably are not allowing new bookings as airlines have deciding to block center seats. Therefore they do not have as many open seats as once thought.

All the June dates just went Unavailable today and the first flight you can book online is July 1st. The rep I spoke to said she was told they are still flying and honoring current bookings, but not taking any new reservations for CUN in June. Another bizarre decision.
Airline cancels a flight you get a refund, you cancel a voucher.

Airline cancels a flight you get a refund, you cancel a voucher.
shrkdive above you had the right answer. They aren't accepting new bookings to ensure empty middle seats ( reported all over social media sites today).

That "refund/voucher" thing doesn't enter into it. The majority of people who have existing reservations aren't trying to book new ones online during the same time frame, which is the only way they would have noticed.

.....and it just changed to "no flights in June". The SW rep I called said they got a notice at noon and will be canceling all June flights over the next couple of days.

That's funny, I have a SW flight to Cancun booked in June and I have not heard anything about it getting cancelled, at least not yet.

That's funny, I have a SW flight to Cancun booked in June and I have not heard anything about it getting cancelled, at least not yet.
Hopefully you aren't basing vacation plans on it. It's canceled. They are slowly sending out cancellation notices, but you should call them if you need verification.

sw-cancels.jpg

Hopefully you aren't basing vacation plans on it. It's canceled. They are slowly sending out cancellation notices, but you should call them if you need verification.

View attachment 588503
Pretty certain that image is wrong. Those dates (22-Mar) were for the last flights into Cozumel. They continued service to Cancun for a while after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom