Gas Price=Epic Fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After eight weeks being here in Cayman Brac in semi lockdown, things have started to loosen up a bit. As a result, I finally had to gas up an old Saturn sedan that I have be using to get around. Lo and Behold, the price had fallen to 3.99 Cayman dollars per Imperial gallon. That is about $5USD which is a great price for here. The other night while talking with my wife, I excitedly told her about the super fantastic unbelievably great price I got. After I delivered this incredible news to her, there was a really long pause and then she says, “Honey, I just filled up the car and it is
$1.65 a gallon here”. After the call ended, I went out to talk with the chickens because they at least understand that 5 buck a gallon gas is a great deal!

In Cayman $3.99 CID for an Imperial Gallon is a great price. Gas prices here in the Midwestern US are very cheap right now but food costs keep going up, especially meat.

Any chance that diving will resume in the Sister Islands soon for residents?

In Cayman $3.99 CID for an Imperial Gallon is a great price. Gas prices here in the Midwestern US are very cheap right now but food costs keep going up, especially meat.

Any chance that diving will resume in the Sister Islands soon for residents?
Don’t tell anyone, but they are allowing us to shore dive:cheers:

I went out to talk with the chickens because they at least understand that 5 buck a gallon gas is a great deal!

And as the imperial gallon is 1.2 US gallons, it was a real bargain at $4.17/US gallon!

Jealous of your shore diving. The beaches have been open on GC since Tuesday (but only for three days/week, depending on your name day), and we're allowed to snorkel. We did see a nurse shark, turtle, some rays, and a ton of the usual cast of reef fish characters on the reef in front of our place today. Marine life looks very healthy these days.

Stay safe and post a dive photo.

Yay, look forward to some photos
And as the imperial gallon is 1.2 US gallons, it was a real bargain at $4.17/US gallon!

Yes, that is exactly what I tried to tell my wife!

Jealous of your shore diving. The beaches have been open on GC since Tuesday (but only for three days/week, depending on your name day), and we're allowed to snorkel. We did see a nurse shark, turtle, some rays, and a ton of the usual cast of reef fish characters on the reef in front of our place today. Marine life looks very healthy these days.

Stay safe and post a dive photo.

LOL I will not be posting pictures or dive reports for several reasons.
First. Jealousy and Envy will breed Dislike and Hate
Second. After I post my pitiful picture, you, @cgills, @gstrek, @caydiver will
dig around in your trash bin of photos and then post something that
will make me green-eyed with envy and I will drown my inadequacy
with Red Stripes.
But the biggest reason, at least today is this,

upload_2020-5-22_10-27-48.jpeg

Weather figures doesn't it? When we couldn't use the beach nor snorkel, shore dive, the skies were sunny and the water was flat calm crystal clear.. and now...ugh..
Hey, no excuses on photos, we all started somewhere, sometime.I would hope my hours and years add up to something.:) Right now you get to dive , its going to be a while for me..Time to take a flight back to reality next month. Look forward to your photos and observations and hoping the lionfish haven't totally taken over..

LOL I will not be posting pictures or dive reports for several reasons.
First. Jealousy and Envy will breed Dislike and Hate
Second. After I post my pitiful picture, you, @cgills, @gstrek, @caydiver will
dig around in your trash bin of photos and then post something that
will make me green-eyed with envy and I will drown my inadequacy
with Red Stripes.
But the biggest reason, at least today is this,

View attachment 587485

Hey, I know where you are, unless that's how most everyone there heats their water.

Stopped by to look at the shore diving entrance in case of future visit.

Weather figures doesn't it? When we couldn't use the beach nor snorkel, shore dive, the skies were sunny and the water was flat calm crystal clear.. and now...ugh..
Hey, no excuses on photos, we all started somewhere, sometime.I would hope my hours and years add up to something.:) Right now you get to dive , its going to be a while for me..Time to take a flight back to reality next month. Look forward to your photos and observations and hoping the lionfish haven't totally taken over..

Hah, you are too kind! I live in a Kodak Instamatic kinda world

Hey, I know where you are, unless that's how most everyone there heats their water.
Stopped by to look at the shore diving entrance in case of future visit.

Yep, Secluded Sunsets is my go to place here. Henry the owner lets me jack the solar pool heater up to when nobody else is around to ease my aching bones.
The shore entrance here is a bit of a PIA unless it is really calm. I usually just go in at Buccaneer and swim West. If you are currently on island and want a dive buddy you are welcome to DM me. I just checked with CaymanAir about their three MIA flights and they are all fully booked, so I guess I am here awhile longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom