Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reactions: Dan
Being a member of the high risk group ( over 60 and two stents) I definatly will wait until the vaccine is available .
Because of the risk in the plane and the thought of getting the Covid 19 disease during the dive vaccation in an underdeveloped area.
The thought of staying on an intensive medical care unit here in Europe is frightening enough, but in places like PNG or East Timor ?
In MHO the loss of life quality by waiting another year or so is extremly small compared to many of the dayly life problems arround the world, with or without Corona !
But as so often, many people complaining on a very high level.

I'm not into European wines. I'm into Aussie & Chilean reds...best in the world!
Well, put it this way.. those will be less than 100,000 rupiah.. Unlike in Indonesian where they are 350,000 :)

It should be technically possible to limit the chances getting infected by perfect regulation of the airflow in the large modern planes. https://www.erinbromage.com/post/th...Why7U8avXCKfoFj8Syxb3EOqUfsIKfIbB1nwIJkNH34is

I understand the reasoning behind the airlines plans, and I'm totally cool with it. BUT...if someone sneezes on you in a plane or at any other place for that matter, you're gonna cop it no matter what... social distancing is just not gonna work. Treating covid-19 like it's the boogie man, just isn't practical in day to day life

How far do coughs and sneezes travel?

But according to research by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, it’s not just the person next to us we should worry about: coughing spreads droplets as far as six metres, and sneezing as much as eight metres. These droplets stay suspended in the air for up to 10 minutes.

Being a member of the high risk group ( over 60 and two stents) I definatly will wait until the vaccine is available .
Because of the risk in the plane and the thought of getting the Covid 19 disease during the dive vaccation in an underdeveloped area.
The thought of staying on an intensive medical care unit here in Europe is frightening enough, but in places like PNG or East Timor ?
In MHO the loss of life quality by waiting another year or so is extremly small compared to many of the dayly life problems arround the world, with or without Corona !
But as so often, many people complaining on a very high level.

Yes, health is priority. Take care brother

I understand the reasoning behind the airlines plans, and I'm totally cool with it. BUT...if someone sneezes on you in a plane or at any other place for that matter, you're gonna cop it no matter what... social distancing is just not gonna work. Treating covid-19 like it's the boogie man, just isn't practical in day to day life

How far do coughs and sneezes travel?

But according to research by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, it’s not just the person next to us we should worry about: coughing spreads droplets as far as six metres, and sneezing as much as eight metres. These droplets stay suspended in the air for up to 10 minutes.
I hope much still can be improved. But no idea how that would work out for the older planes used here for domestic flights. A future with N95 mask and gloves? Southwest CEO’s Boast About Airplanes’ Low COVID Risk Flies By Key Concerns

I really don't know how to interpret other country's numbers, because their figures are each analysed & tallied differently. I know in Australia at present, 6927 cases of infection with 97 deaths. Of those 97 sadly departed victims, almost 100% of them were elderly people. This equates to just over 1% mortality rate of known cases of infection. So in Australia, if a healthy people infected but not an elderly person, the chances are very low of dying or long term damage to health

The problem with misinformation in Indonesia and Australia is that people are thinking corona virus is a death sentence, when it is very far from that
I'm about to post a NY Times article on Indonesia - I've been checking the Jakarta Post, but it's not had much. I've been waiting for this article - and it says what i expected, I guess. No answers, of course, as there are few answers for anywhere. But good information nonetheless.

I think you might have to be a subscriber to read this, but here's the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/world/asia/indonesia-coronavirus-surge.html It's worth reading if you can access it. Me? I have a 2-destination trip planned for mid-November and just hoping we can go. I'd consider the flights with an N-95 mask. I just hope Indonesia gets through this and starts figuring out how to reduce the spread. I'm on hold for a Bonaire trip at the end of August - if they'll let us in, I'll probably go. Other than that, not planning anything until we know about a vaccine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom