Old poseidon unisuit exclusive fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frogman82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I recently purchased an old poseidon unisuit exclusive to use as a fall/winter suit. Have never used a neoprene suit, so I wanted to try it out the cheap way. Paid $200 for it and have installed a brand new zipper so the suit is actually in top condition with no leaks. But I'm not sure if it is a tad too small. It feels nice once in the water, but it's a little snug out of the water. Posting a couple of photos of me in the suit with a thin wicking layer and a 200g santi thinsulate vest underneath. By the looks of it do you think it fits?
_20200522_165915.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_165731_01.jpg
    IMG_20200522_165731_01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200522_165748_01.jpg
    IMG_20200522_165748_01.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 152
Worked in one and still have it. Your not going to be cold, I only wore shorts and tee shirt inside mine. Warmest suit I ever put on.

I'm used to diving a shell suit and it will be interesting to see how it compares to my otter Britannic. I have an assortment of undergarments but still get chilled. This unisuit might be a low cost alternative to a heated vest.

Depends on the WT and depth being neoprene. I had one and absolutely loved it. Worked great in the FL caves. Little drag compared to a shell. A customer broke the back of the zip and it was getting old so chucked it. Fit was snug but great in the water.

Fourth Element X-Core vest is really warm. Their answer to a heated vest. Just nice warm fleece worn over your base layer.

Depends on the WT and depth being neoprene. I had one and absolutely loved it. Worked great in the FL caves. Little drag compared to a shell. A customer broke the back of the zip and it was getting old so chucked it. Fit was snug but great in the water.

It doesn't get too cold here, mid to upper 40's right now and maybe a couple of degrees colder in the winter. I managed to get a 57" ziooer from China for $70 and replaced it myself so that wasn't too big of a deal.

I had an older model UNISUIT with the zipper from front to back between the legs. Neoprene suits are warm by virtue of the neoprene itself, requiring lighter undergarments than trimil suits. The downside is some restriction of movement.

EDIT Forgive me @Frogman82 I meant to compliment you on your suit and the fit looks good!

Lake winnipesaukee_1972_1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom