Need a new 109(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should mention that I’m very particular about things. When it’s said that “most people won’t notice...” I’m usually not “most people.” This reg works, seems reliable, and “most people” would probably not think twice about it. But I know it could be better, and I also won’t feel good about giving a ‘sub-par’ reg to a buddy who’s OOA.

Outside winter I dive just about every weekend so it’s worth it to me to have perfect gear. If I didn’t service my own gear I’d probably just buy a new reg, but I’m setup to overhaul 109s and G250s so I want to keep parts simple.

Do you have a 156 in like new condition, new/old stock?
None are new old stock, but to be clear, are you looking for something to dive or a collectible? Right now I'm pretty low on nice BA/109s that someone would dive-but I do have some collectibles. A better bet for diving is a G250 and I have plenty of those. If someone were to twist my arm I could give up one of my personal BA/109s-but right now I'd rather not. Here is a picture of some G250ies (ignore the Crystal I consider it a collectible.)
6 G250.JPG

Nice G250 collection! Seems like two Graphites swapped their all chrome adjustment knobs with S-badge chrome-plastic ones? The Crystal had a chrome-plastic one too I think.

None are new old stock, but to be clear, are you looking for something to dive or a collectible? Right now I'm pretty low on nice BA/109s that someone would dive-but I do have some collectibles. A better bet for diving is a G250 and I have plenty of those. If someone were to twist my arm I could give up one of my personal BA/109s-but right now I'd rather not. Here is a picture of some G250ies (ignore the Crystal I consider it a collectible.)
View attachment 587544
Looking for a 156 in perfect condition.

Nice G250 collection! Seems like two Graphites swapped their all chrome adjustment knobs with S-badge chrome-plastic ones?

Now you tell me! I took them all apart, cleaned, rebuilt, and tuned them all at the same time-very possible I moved covers/knobs, etc. Except the Crystal I kept all of the parts that came with it together. It has a nice metal adjustment knob and large venturi control tab too. I'm not the original owner of any of them, so cannot claim the parts are all original. In fact, they now are all sporting new s-wing poppets in place of the old blue poppets.

I'm pretty sure Angelo is correct, the inside of the barrels were not chrome plated. I don't think there's anything wrong with your reg at all, just clean it and enjoy it.

What about the x-section from VDH? Doesn’t it look like the inside is plated with something?

Attachments

• 9F37632D-B583-48D3-A874-70DF77528490.jpeg
    9F37632D-B583-48D3-A874-70DF77528490.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom