Cenote Diving near Playa Del Camen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4DB9DDBD-24D2-468F-BF79-C3F45697F222.jpeg
The pit is one of the best dives I have ever done and had never heard of it before we arrived at the site...luckily I had my camera rig with me

39A2320F-6C83-4499-99DD-0B3AE8CB1AD8.jpeg

Trying to figure out my profile from my last dive there. Guessing that from the left side to the cave line is 7.5 to 10 minutes. If you went from the left all the way to the right and then back, it may be 35 minutes round trip. You may have some better information.
Car wash or Aktunha is a very nice dive. Bathtub clear water. Lillys growing to look at. Two different cave entrances to look at. You could do the cavern tour of the right side cave. You will need a guide to be there with scuba gear.

That is a shame, still...it’s always nice to have a good reason to come back at a later date and you will certainly enjoy all the other cenotes. :)

Well I am pretty dang excited for you and your wife. Dos Ojos will be a nice, enjoyable dive(s) (and possibly cause you to think about a cavern course:)). We look forward to a report when you get back to the states!

My only anxiety in all this is, There's SO many of them, (Cenotes) that look like a WONDERFUL experience, but we only have one, possibly 2 days to dive. And a few of them are a LONG ways from where we will be staying. :( I'm guessing that Dos Ojos will be very nice, beautiful and exciting, and so far arranging transportation from our hotel looks "do-able"

TC

I think most reputable guides will come and pick you up and drop you off. Geraldine solignac always drove over to get me and dropped me off at the end of the day. I left my kit in her truck overnight too.

but maybe I was just spoiled and she was just great.

That is a shame, still...it’s always nice to have a good reason to come back at a later date and you will certainly enjoy all the other cenotes. :)

Indeed!
Even when we were just starting out diving, (Our "Discover SCUBA" course in Cozumel) it was SO clear and beautiful in the area!
DEFINITELY makes me want to come back!

I think most reputable guides will come and pick you up and drop you off. Geraldine solignac always drove over to get me and dropped me off at the end of the day. I left my kit in her truck overnight too.

but maybe I was just spoiled and she was just great.
This ^
Cenotexperience also does this.
Buddy and I recently did our cave course with Nico. He picked us up every morning, promptly at 8am. After each full day of diving he dropped us off and took our gear to his shop to dry out.
He drove 30 minutes each way just to get us, a little bit south of Akumal at TAO.
FWIW, we dove at Chac Mool, Ponderosa and TajMa Ha. All amazing Cenotes. Ponderosa would be the most accommodating as OW divers. There were lots of cavern tour dives happening and plenty of people just swimming around in the beautiful OW area. Ponderosa is pretty big compared to the others I got to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom