Need a new 109(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe, that photo is from a G250 with removable barrel, not a 109.

That’s right, thank you. I forgot he mentions that in the video and neglected to look more closely.

Now I’ll have to take my other 109 apart again after the dive tomorrow - I could swear it’s got a shiny silver inside barrel.

That’s right, thank you. I forgot he mentions that in the video and neglected to look more closely.

Now I’ll have to take my other 109 apart again after the dive tomorrow - I could swear it’s got a shiny silver inside barrel.
I took mine apart last night and looked inside and it sure seems silvery to me when I shine a light into it.

Here are some pics

Mine has looked like that for at least the last 20 years I dive it all the time. You lost some chrome.

What about the x-section from VDH? Doesn’t it look like the inside is plated with something?
That's the barrell of a G250. I was meaning 109, made in Italy.
Those made in US have some minor differences...

Regarding buying one in NOS conditions, I suggest a 109 converted to BA instead of a 156.
The chrome plating of the diaphragm cover is more durable on the 109, and the knob is more massive and robust.
After converting to BA the performances are the same as the 156.

That's the barrell of a G250. I was meaning 109, made in Italy.
Those made in US have some minor differences...

Regarding buying one in NOS conditions, I suggest a 109 vonverted to BA instead of a 156.
The chrome plating of the diaphragm cover is more durable on the 109, and the knob is more massive and robust.
After converting to BA the performances are the same as the 156.

I converted all my 109's to 156 and they all work great! Years ago when the SP dealer converted my original 109 it wouldn't stop free flowing, they converted it back to 109. Years later I was able to convert it to a 156 without free flowing.

The new S-wing poppet and the new curvy lever transform an old 109 in a reg which stands well against much more modern regs...

I’ll take the middle left one, awesome collection. :)

I've already received an offer for sex-but he was the wrong gender (not that there's anything wrong with that) and another for a eustachian tube-but I only take those in pairs. What say ye?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom