Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a deal for you that should make your dreams come true.
Get your airfare and enough money for food (its cheap here) and you can stay in the Villa Aldora free and dive free with Aldora. Just mention me when you make reservations on line.

does this go for all of us ? cuz i'm in f it does ? :wink:

i think you need to go back and read my post with the pricing examples. as you can see, if they did that, your cost today would be less and so would mine. doing it the way they currently do it, your cost is the same but mine increases. why is this so hard for people to understand ? just because some do not understand, does not make the arithmetic incorrect.

I think the discussion evolved a bit into ‘ if the USD value dropped and the prices were in pesos then the cost per dive in pesos would immediately fluctuate in line with the exchange rate’

I’m not sure I agree with this 100%. I think they would fluctuate somewhat. But this is also one of the reasons the dives are in USD so they don’t have to do that, which all circles back to the initial point I made about international divers holding the bag :)

Salary set in USD and paid in pesos? I don’t think it’s that odd.

so hold on a second here.....after all the discussions about currencies etc.....you do not find it odd that someone gets paid in a currency that is different than the one used in the country they are working in ?

i must live in a different world. is this something that is common in the world ? how does someone even do that ? unless they are paying them cash money. then they could obviously pay them with any countries currency they have on hand.

does this go for all of us ? cuz i'm in f it does ? :wink:

I'm sorry but this is a one time thing to help a serious diver, who seemingly just can't get the funds to experience what we all love.

Dave Dillehay

Yes, it is odd, but that doesn’t make it impossible.

just ask all the expats in Saudi Arabia working for uk/us companies.

I'm sorry but this is a one time thing to help a serious diver, who seemingly just can't get the funds to experience what we all love.

Dave Dillehay

‘ahh, there is the catch! Well I’ll tell you now that I am a serious diver and I can afford to pay, and if you are offering that type of deal to guys who can’t I’d be happy to pay and dive with you to support your business, :cheers:

Dave Dillehay

as my wife would say....."awww nuts". well devileyedog, if you need a room mate, let me know. haha

Yes, it is odd, but that doesn’t make it impossible.

just ask all the expats in Saudi Arabia working for uk/us companies.

well i don't pretend to know how any of that would work but i guess it would kinda be understandable if it was a u.s. based company. so are you suggesting some of the dive ops are actually u.s. based companies operating in mexico ?

I have do idea....I’m pretty sure that dressel is a European outfit and I have been diving with DMs in other outfits who have told me that they are paid in pesos.

whether that means their signed contracts quote USD annual salaries but are paid in post exchange pesos...I didn’t specifically ask for that clarification.

maybe i should ask my boss if i can be paid in usd. of course if this covid sh*t keeps up i won't have a job for much longer so it won't really matter. travel, pesos, dollars, etc. won't matter. fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom