Dreaming...Anyone know of any good dive deals in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think you need to go back and read my post with the pricing examples. as you can see, if they did that, your cost today would be less and so would mine. doing it the way they currently do it, your cost is the same but mine increases. why is this so hard for people to understand ? just because some do not understand, does not make the arithmetic incorrect.
I do understand. Your dollars have lost value so you have to spend more of them to get the same thing. It's pretty simple.

Look at it from the other side; say a dive op charges US$50 for a dive and when we are there Canadian dollars and US$ are equivalent. We go diving and the op gets US$50 from me and $50 Canadian from you. Next year we go back; dives are the same price but now a Canadian dollar is only worth US$0.90. Do you think that the op should still charge you only 50 bucks Canadian? I sure wouldn't. You could change the US$50 to the equivalent in pesos and it wouldn't change anything.

I do understand. Your dollars have lost value so you have to spend more of them to get the same thing. It's pretty simple.

sorry but this comment proves you actually do not understand. but thats ok. i'll live. i may not be able to afford to return to mexico or anywhere else for awhile but that's life.
stay safe !!

sorry but this comment proves you actually do not understand. but thats ok. i'll live. i may not be able to afford to return to mexico or anywhere else for awhile but that's life.
stay safe !!
I hope you do indeed live. We in the US cannot help it that your currency has lost some of its value relative to other currencies. The other thing is, like I said earlier, the vast majority of the divers on Cozumel are US citizens so it should come as no surprise to anyone that the dive ops there gear their operations to cater to the people who are most of their customers.

But you tell me: if you could change things to suit yourself, what would you do?

well i don't pretend to know how any of that would work but i guess it would kinda be understandable if it was a u.s. based company. so are you suggesting some of the dive ops are actually u.s. based companies operating in mexico ?
I pay my Op mostly in cash USD, and he mentioned that he uses them to pay crew. He's from Michigan I think.

Dear DevilEye Dog,

I like your attitude and eagerness to enjoy the wonders of Cozumel. Got a deal for you that should make your dreams come true.

Get your airfare and enough money for food (its cheap here) and you can stay in the Villa Aldora free and dive free with Aldora. Just mention me when you make reservations on line.

Enjoy,

Dave Dillehay
Wow!

stay safe !!
I'm pretty sure I do understand; it doesn't seem that complicated to me. But maybe I don't; perhaps you can help me grasp the situation by telling me what you would do to change things if you could.

devileyedog i got this today. didn't check details but looks like 20% off dives and 25% off some courses. reopening playa and cancun in late june. just in case you decide to head to the mainland.

Quality DIVING & SNORKELING with Dressel Divers

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and posts about some awesome deals. Who knew this was going to be 14 pages long with Coz deals and a heated discussion on exchange rates and money. It does look like getting there will be tricky, so perhaps later this year. I've filed some of these and am going to keep my eye on the ever-changing situation. Enjoy your heated discussion on exchange rates. :wink:

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and posts about some awesome deals. Who knew this was going to be 14 pages long with Coz deals and a heated discussion on exchange rates and money. It does look like getting there will be tricky, so perhaps later this year. I've filed some of these and am going to keep my eye on the ever-changing situation. Enjoy your heated discussion on exchange rates. :wink:
That offer of free diving & room from Dave was outstanding. I suggest you jump on that as soon as possible.

well i don't pretend to know how any of that would work but i guess it would kinda be understandable if it was a u.s. based company. so are you suggesting some of the dive ops are actually u.s. based companies operating in mexico ?
Understanding that location of the owner and location of incorporation can be different, I do know that Tres Pelicanos is owned by a US individual. The location he elected to use for his business incorporation can and may be totally different. Unless Mexico has specific regulations about that, there is no reason you can't operate that way.

Over on the other coast - Cabo area - the Nautilus group of boats that go to Socorro and Sea of Cortez belong to a Canadian-based company. Last time I was on the Nautilus Explorer (2016ish) they were in the process of changing the boat's registration from Canada to Panama (I think), but I don't think they were changing the location of the company's registration.

Also, Just look at most of the large cruise companies. Most of them are based in the Miami area, but most are incorporated in tax-friendly locations (i.e. not the US).

Back
Top Bottom