When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Extremely jealous!!!
Places in Philippines and Thailand are all closed for diving.

We in HK are NOT doing too badly over this "wuhan virus" so hopefully ROC would be opened up for us soon.

Extremely jealous!!!
Places in Philippines and Thailand are all closed for diving.

We in HK are NOT doing too badly over this "wuhan virus" so hopefully ROC would be opened up for us soon.
You should have gone diving in HK. It is good right now :)
Edit: I mean diving is good not the polical climate...

This topic has been running since the end of March, and it's interesting to see how the reactions change over time. Lot's of people who firmly believe in statistics provided by the governments.

So far, from what I have seen in non-political numbers, 99.92% to 99.98% of the population in Europe has a working immune system that handles the virus successfully. The less-than-0.1% group consists of people with multiple health problems, or have a genetically defect immune system. The majority of the COVID-19 patients admitted to the ICU are also obese.

The current medical knowledge is insufficient to cure that less-than-0.1% group, the only thing achieved so far, is keeping hundreds of patients on ventilators in the ICU, in a medically induced coma. If you want to make it, your own immune system has to do it.
And then the majority dies anyway.

Meanwhile, the healthy 99.9%++ is forced to restrict their social activities, work activities and so on. #stayhome and watch the economy of your country go down the drain.

The whole world is applauding the medical professionals for their relentless efforts, but when do we look in the mirror?

Example:
A child is born way too early. Mother Nature knows that not everything is 100% right, so the pregnancy stops.
But we humans know better, if the pregnancy was at least 26 weeks, the preterm is admitted to the NICU. In some countries, that line is at 24 weeks (or even less).
If the kid makes it, it needs at least 10 years to catch up with the kids that were in the womb for 40 weeks.

We have beaten Mother Nature.
And as humans, we're proud of it.

The moment this is about your son/daughter/family/friend, arguments against this statement are found in a book titled Ethics. And I will probably agree with every argument.

Just know that Mother Nature never read that book. She doesn't do ethics. She takes out every person, whose immune system can't cope with this virus. The whole world has tried to hide, and is still trying to hide. Living in government-induced fear for a virus that hasn't even reached the achievements of the influenza virus.

For everyone who has read this so far: my apologies if I have called you a genetic defect. It's socially not acceptable to do so. Like if you say someone is obese, it's called fat-shaming. Not done. So again, my apologies and I hope you'll survive COVID-19.

So far, from what I have seen in non-political numbers, 99.92% to 99.98% of the population in Europe has a working immune system that handles the virus successfully. The less-than-0.1% group consists of people with multiple health problems, or have a genetically defect immune system. The majority of the COVID-19 patients admitted to the ICU are also obese.

The percentages you quote fail to take account that 100% of the population has not been exposed to the virus because of lockdown and social distancing.

Not dead is not the same as perfectly healthy.

The percentages you quote fail to take account that 100% of the population has not been exposed to the virus because of lockdown and social distancing.
If that was the case (100% of the population has not been exposed), not a single person would have died because of this virus.

For everyone who has read this so far: my apologies if I have called you a genetic defect. It's socially not acceptable to do so. Like if you say someone is obese, it's called fat-shaming. Not done. So again, my apologies and I hope you'll survive COVID-19.

I couldn't careless what you had said.
But I do not want to pick up this virus and pass on to the "unfortunate" whether they are overweight or genetically inferior( that remind me of nazism) or whatever.

Not a matter of "if" but "when"
Go back and look at those flattening the curve charts. The area under the line, that is the number of people needing a hospital visit. The area (the total number of people) is the same. If we did nothing this would be almost over with now. A chunk of those people would now be dead due to medical overload. As we flatten the curve, it just delays the inevitable. And the world sucks for longer. So RAISE the curve (but still in the medical capacity) and the end date will come sooner. In the end the same number are affected, same final result, just get it done sooner.

If that was the case (100% of the population has not been exposed), not a single person would have died because of this virus.

You misinterpreted the sense of my comment, let me rephrase my comment above ...

The percentages you quote assume that 100% of the population have been exposed to Covid 19 and fail to take account that considerably less than 100% of the population has actually been exposed to the virus because of lockdown and social distancing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom