My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with another SBer yesterday. He shall remain nameless unless he decides to out himself.

I got nothing to hide.

I really appreciate the opportunity to get in the water. It was great diving with three other very enthusiastic divers. And thank you for helping me to take social distancing seriously. My family appreciates it too — my wife extends her thanks specifically.

It wasn’t the Regina, but it *was* wet. Let me know when you *and* the boat can make the trip. We still have to do that one.

I got nothing to hide.

I really appreciate the opportunity to get in the water. It was great diving with three other very enthusiastic divers. And thank you for helping me to take social distancing seriously. My family appreciates it too — my wife extends her thanks specifically.

It wasn’t the Regina, but it *was* wet. Let me know when you *and* the boat can make the trip. We still have to do that one.

You're welcome! Definitely we have to do the Regina (excellent Lake Huron wreck for the non-local folks)! :D

Looking like instructor and I might be diving a full weekend for class at the local quarry the end of June. Plan to dive my brains out before that. Actually pulled out a paper calendar to schedule buddies! Will do my best to dive 2-3 days a week. I've got several buddies who are currently unemployed (as I am) or furloughed and available to dive on weekdays. I will probably head out to one of the Ohio quarries one or twice to dive with Michigan buddies.

Schedule, that sounds like work. :D

:D

I don't have just one buddy to dive with. I actually have a number of them. One is an OW instructor, who can't do weekends, but can do some Fridays. Other people are more available on weekdays. If I have to drive the 4+ hours to Ohio, I need to schedule that in advance.

All my local buddies are recreational only divers, but I can still practice a lot of stuff diving with them. The main one is the OOA drill. I'm diving with three people Monday. Local quarry opening day, two months late. Two of the buddies are actually taking the day off from work! I've instructed them to signal OOA whenever they want at various times during our dive. They have no issue with some platform work so I can practice valve drills or dropping/picking up deco bottle. They need to check their weighting after losing weight over the winter. They want to work on shooting DSMBs, too, so we can all do that together at the end of a dive.

I actually need to practice working with a deco bottle. I got one in this week, need a oxygen fill and then to see if I rigged it right.

Local quarry opened yesterday. 10ft viz, temp was about 55F to about 30ft. One buddy with a 5mm, so we stayed shallow.

Got a full valve drill done with all the gear. The harness adjustments I'd made the previous week helped. I have it on video which will not be released! I'd warned buddies (all recreational divers who have never even seen a valve drill in video) that it would look like I was wrestling with the devil. Their reactions later were funny as hell. :D

On the negative side, I apparently have a drysuit leak. Last weekend in Ohio, it felt like my right glove was leaking, so I switched to the backup (I have two sets of gloves mounted on the Ultima rings) I'd never used before. Nope. No joy. I feel the leak as soon as I get in the water. Right arm was wet from my glove liner/wrist warmers all the way up to my shoulder. Called DRIS after I was done diving and dropped it off. They looked at both right hand gloves as well as the suit side ring. Said it didn't appear to be the Ultima or the gloves, and that something else is going on. They did a preliminary pressure test (without reversing the dump valve) while I was in the shop and said they didn't see any leaks that way. Drysuit repair guys said they were going to take the skin off and do a full pressure test this morning and I'll have it back by Friday. I have a Saturday session at the quarry with a buddy and my first Lake Michigan charter on Sunday.

@tmassey calls my doubles ridiculous, but I call his monsters (120s?) ridiculous, as well. All in good fun! :D

CDE5FED7-2987-4121-BCA1-E36DCB79DC25.jpeg

@tmassey calls my doubles ridiculous, but I call his monsters (120s?) ridiculous, as well. All in good fun! :D

We had to put them sideways in my SUV. Though I can't complain too much I got a free set of HP120s that I am probably going to turn into doubles.

We had to put them sideways in my SUV. Though I can't complain too much I got a free set of HP120s that I am probably going to turn into doubles.

FREE tanks are always good!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom