Valve drill issues with drysuit undies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think the OP needs a new drysuit or change to a different platform. The main question is tips and tricks on how to gain flexibility here.
If only she was GUE trained. Clearly that would solve all issues.

:rofl3:

I don't think the OP needs a new drysuit or change to a different platform. The main question is tips and tricks on how to gain flexibility here.
If only she was GUE trained. Clearly that would solve all issues.
It can be a solution.
I knew someone GUE trained who had an old otter suit and because the seams in the armpit were bad, he couldn’t reach his valves.

It can be a solution.
I knew someone GUE trained who had an old otter suit and because the seams in the armpit were bad, he couldn’t reach his valves.
hmmmmmmm ok. that's more of a drysuit issue than a training mentality.

@Marie13 (Admittedly a gear solution to a physiology problem :p) Have you considered inverting your rig and using a valve protector/stand? That would probably make access to your L/R valves trivial, but isolator access might be trickier depending on your arm length.

@Marie13 (Admittedly a gear solution to a physiology problem :p) Have you considered inverting your rig and using a valve protector/stand? That would probably make access to your L/R valves trivial, but idolator access might be trickier depending on your arm length.

:fear:

:rofl3:

I don't think this has been said, but when I used to dive doubles, what helped me was to close my exhaust valve, add a bunch of air into my dry suit, lay face down in the water, and throw/punch my hands/arms one at a time over my head (so horizontally on the surface). People talked about stretching, I'm talking about more like throwing.

I hope that makes sense and possibly helps.

Oh, and I learned that when I took fundies. :wink:

Fine, fine, fine ... You do realize that when you get your rebreather, that that is where the valves are gonna be. :poke:

I have monkey arms. I could probably flip my HP120s and comfortably access my valves.

Fine, fine, fine ... You do realize that when you get your rebreather, that that is where the valves are gonna be. :poke:

I have monkey arms. I could probably flip my HP120s and comfortably access my valves.

:shakehead: :facepalm:

:rant:

@Marie13 (Admittedly a gear solution to a physiology problem :p) Have you considered inverting your rig and using a valve protector/stand? That would probably make access to your L/R valves trivial, but isolator access might be trickier depending on your arm length.
Introduces a lot of issues for solving one problem that doesn’t need to be solved this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom