Valve drill issues with drysuit undies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have better range of movement in my right shoulder, and normally I can do the valve drill fine. But pre drysuit, when I'd have my 3mm and all my insulators on, the V drill could be a challenge. I could reach the manifold but not with enough wrist dexterity to quickly close the isolator. I would grab the manifold with my left hand and pull the rig up higher and probably also create a bigger arch in my back. Then I could operate the valves comfortably. If you can get close, it might be close enough.

I have better range of movement in my right shoulder, and normally I can do the valve drill fine. But pre drysuit, when I'd have my 3mm and all my insulators on, the V drill could be a challenge. I could reach the manifold but not with enough wrist dexterity to quickly close the isolator. I would grab the manifold with my left hand and pull the rig up higher and probably also create a bigger arch in my back. Then I could operate the valves comfortably. If you can get close, it might be close enough.

This is essentially what I do.

I've been wanting to take AN/DP but haven't been able to quite reach the valves either... I messed around with the tank height a little bit over this winter and adjusted it to where I can get to them and get them shut down not just "very quickly". I'm like you I can get a hold of the right post and then I kind of pull myself back to it and can get to the isolator but the left post is kind of a struggle. I'm going to try and practice with arching my head and looking up versus down because I'm pretty sure when I attempted It this past weekend I tucked my chin. This thread has been really helpful.

I've been wanting to take AN/DP but haven't been able to quite reach the valves either... I messed around with the tank height a little bit over this winter and adjusted it to where I can get to them and get them shut down just "very quickly". I'm like you I can get a hold of the right post and then I kind of pull myself back to it and can get to the isolator but the left post is kind of a struggle. I'm going to try and practice with arching my head and looking up versus down because I'm pretty sure when I attempted It this past weekend I tucked my chin. This thread has been really helpful.

Mark Powell's Technical Diving: An Introduction book (he's the author of Deco for Divers) has several chapters on reaching your valves, valve drills, etc., that has been very helpful. Suggest picking up a copy

You should try shoulder mobility fundies. I hear it solves all valve issues.

Not if it's a GUE JJ
I don't think that the lady in question would dive anything with those 3 letters associated with it after the shenanigans that she has been subjected to here.

You should try shoulder mobility fundies. I hear it solves all valve issues.
Case in point ... :confused:

I don't think that the lady in question would dive anything with those 3 letters associated with it after the shenanigans that she has been subjected to here.

Case in point ... :confused:

@racanichou has nothing to do with GUE. He's just a smart a$$.

@Jack Hammer and I actually know each other slightly as we're local to each other.

@racanichou has nothing to do with GUE. He's just a smart a$$.

@Jack Hammer and I actually know each other slightly as we're local to each other.
Ok. I lose track of who is baiting the bear with finger pokes :poke: vs. clubs :deadhorse:.

I have been known to speak smart a$$. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom