Teric’s with surgical tube bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, that's nice.
Thanks. Since it will be used w/ drysuit, wetsuits, and bare arm, I need the adjustablity. Those little squeeze-locks are great and have independent passages for both lines. I put it over my arm loose, grab the (middle/tail) knot in my teeth, squeeze the adjuster and pull. Snugs in a second. The tail just gets tucked away under the loops.

Depends on how you do it ...

Yes but the solution in the post by @CT Sean is simpler, less expensive, and less to go wrong. If you want colorful bungee, just buy colorful bungee.

48607782963_345dc94612_c-jpg.588169.jpg

Yes but the solution in the post by @CT Sean is simpler, less expensive, and less to go wrong. If you want colorful bungee, just buy colorful bungee.

Less expensive - yes, absolutely. But we are talking around 4-5% of the Teric price.
Simpler - Yes
Less to go wrong ...
- If you are talking about the mount vs. no mounts - maybe (see below)
- If you are talking about CT Sean's vs. my wrap structure - yes, but with different functionality/scope. Easy adjustability is one of MY requirements. It is easily and safely adjusted, on wrist, in-dive even with gloves.

As long as there is sufficient space to pass the bungee between the pins and the case, the N@90 mounts are not fundamentally neccessary. It (N@90 mount) explicitly locates the bungee so it can't move side to side and guarantees that the loading on the pin occurs immediately abutting the case where it is supported and subject to shear, not bending forces - does it matter in practice> - I don't know. It does provide some "drag" helping to keep the bungee from sliding through which can be helpful in my application.

And color, ... really? :confused:

Less expensive - yes, absolutely. But we are talking around 4-5% of the Teric price.
Simpler - Yes
Less to go wrong ...
- If you are talking about the mount vs. no mounts - maybe (see below)
- If you are talking about CT Sean's vs. my wrap structure - yes, but with different functionality/scope. Easy adjustability is one of MY requirements. It is easily and safely adjusted, on wrist, in-dive even with gloves.

I fully admit my solution provides no adjustability. I was able to set the loop size to work with both 3mm and 7mm suits. If my diving required a larger range of sizes, I'd need a different solution.

I fully admit my solution provides no adjustability. I was able to set the loop size to work with both 3mm and 7mm suits. If my diving required a larger range of sizes, I'd need a different solution.

It's actually a really good way to do this, but with a little tweak to make it fully adjustable. I've been rigging our Predator's and Petrel's this way for years. I move from Drysuit to Wetsuit pretty often so I need a lot of range in the bungie. I just use a single cord looped through both posts with a simple knot at each end. You can add or remove another knot to quickly adjust for your suit config on the fly. Maybe not as clean for a Watch style, but it would great on the wrist units.

IMG_20200527_083132.jpg

Hey all good, man! The simpler the better when it meets your needs.

Back
Top Bottom