Dive Friends Covid-19 Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, there is a link to the PDF on their website.

Very reasonable, I see no regulator configuration requirements. Supplying your own mouthpiece for rental regs is interesting, have not seen this before. Boat policy seems well conceived

Yes, there is a link to the PDF on their website.

Very reasonable, I see no regulator configuration requirements. Supplying your own mouthpiece for rental regs is interesting, have not seen this before. Boat policy seems well conceived
What caught my eye was the "commercial defog only" for masks. I.e., no more spitting in masks?

What caught my eye was the "commercial defog only" for masks. I.e., no more spitting in masks?
I noted that also. Equipment that has touched the face, masks/regulators (hoods, hooded vests?) do not go directly into the rinse tub, but into the sanitizing tub 1st. Perhaps prohibiting spitting into your mask decreases the load on the sanitizing tub?

Personally, I have not used a mask bucket for a very long time, I keep thinking about the microbiologic analysis :)

This is a great find, we are going there over Christmas, and I am very sure these will still be in effect (we are going to Captain Don's but I assume they will be same)

I will miss spitting in my mask and will have to make sure I pack some mask defogger.

I note, under Course Procedures:
"Only one person uses a mouthpiece until disinfection can reoccur."
So, if you are taking a course, there will be no Primary donate.
This is a great find, we are going there over Christmas, and I am very sure these will still be in effect (we are going to Captain Don's but I assume they will be same)
I would not assume that. We've only heard from two places so far -- Buddy Dive and Dive Friends -- and they are not the same. Capt Don's has been silent. However, by Christmas...who knows what might happen?

I note, under Course Procedures:
"Only one person uses a mouthpiece until disinfection can reoccur."
So, if you are taking a course, there will be no Primary donate.

-On a personal note: -
All our rental gear has a short hose primary regulator, and a bit longer hose for the secondary regulator. Entry level divers very rarely come in with their own gear.

Since we (mostly) teach PADI courses, we teach our OW students to take / receive the yellow longer hose secondary regulator preventing students to breath from the same regulator someone else used before.

-On a personal note: -
All our rental gear has a short hose primary regulator, and a bit longer hose for the secondary regulator. Entry level divers very rarely come in with their own gear.

Since we (mostly) teach PADI courses, we teach our OW students to take / receive the yellow longer hose secondary regulator preventing students to breath from the same regulator someone else used before.
Excellent. Do you also teach them not to breath from it to test it?

All seems very safe from an infectious stand point, may be a few drownings but those numbers don’t count in the pandemic book.

Back
Top Bottom