Closed Scubapro Balanced Adjustable / MK10 156 Regulator

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the plastic knob adjuster more desirable than the smaller metal one on the BA?
Good eye there-and something I didn't notice. I've not seen a BA with a black adjustment knob that was not a replacement part. In fact the original G250 had the same splined adjustment knob as the Balance Adjustable. BTW the knobs are the same size.

Like @Angelo Farina my preference (unless I'm wanting all items original) is:
1.109's knurled knob
2. BA/G250 splined knob
3. G250V matt chrome splined knob
4. Hard rubber/plastic black knob.

I like #2 and #3

The knurled knob seems heavy for the shaft size, in fact I have one where the knob broke off.

maybe the guy at the factory who put it together dropped the chrome one and it bounced away. He had the plastic one handy and popped that on instead.

Did the BA ever ship as new with the bright blue diaphragm? It looks like a G250 knob and diaphragm.

It's possible. Or like my very first Balance Adjustable knob quickly got "borrowed" by my boss who bent a customer's knob. He never made good on the promise to get me a new one.

Did the BA ever ship as new with the bright blue diaphragm? It looks like a G250 knob and diaphragm.
Yes, looking at photos in a couple Scubapro catalogs from mid to late 80's shows the B/A with the bright blue diaphragm and splined knob. There is even one with orange exhaust cover and orange diaphragm pictured!
SP 1989 catalog imagecrop.jpg

Those are the "lost years" in my SP catalog collection, the photos I mention are from catalogs shown in ebay auction listings. Times like this I dream of winning the lottery and buying those high dollar SP catalogs to scan and share.

Times like this I dream of winning the lottery and buying those high dollar SP catalogs to scan and share.
Vintage Double Hose has a pretty good selection of them scanned and available to view or download. From the early '60ies to the mid '80ies.

Here is a document with pictures someone put together with info from an old website. I know it's not totally accurate, but worth a look.

Attachments

• SP SECOND STAGES TIMELINE.docx
    6 MB · Views: 74
Good eye there-and something I didn't notice. I've not seen a BA with a black adjustment knob that was not a replacement part. In fact the original G250 had the same splined adjustment knob as the Balance Adjustable. BTW the knobs are the same size.

Like @Angelo Farina my preference (unless I'm wanting all items original) is:
1.109's knurled knob
2. BA/G250 splined knob
3. G250V matt chrome splined knob
4. Hard rubber/plastic black knob.

I have seen a few here with the plastic knob. Reg DIY is not a big thing here so any that I've seen with the plastic knob I'm confident they came like that from "factory" or perhaps it was a regional thing, we do seem to get some odd ones here.

Vintage Double Hose has a pretty good selection of them scanned and available to view or download. From the early '60ies to the mid '80ies.
For sure. The catalogs, manuals, etc are a great resource and I order items from VDH in hopes of supporting the cause. I have the SP catalog collection from VDH, as well as most years after 2010. Hope to fill in more of the blanks as time goes on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom