Atomic B2 - Cost to have environmentally sealed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pressure Group X

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings

LDS here in San Antonio, TX is asking for $150.00 to seal an Atomic B2 that came unsealed originally without any additional service.

Is this about the norm?

No, that sounds very high. The seal itself is about $12 and it's $30ish in christolube. I bet you could find someone on here to do it for you for a good bit less than half that price.

That does seem quite high to me. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area most shops charge about $40 to service a first stage, in addition to the cost of the service kit. The environmental seal ring cost $14.00. The 2OZ tube of Christolube MCG111 cost about $30.00. However, the shop will never use the full 2OZ, and on the generous side, will use half of the tube.

Labor: $40.00
First Stage Service Kit: $26.00
First Stage Sealing Ring: $14.00
Christolube MCG -111: $20.00 (factor the amount used to seal the regulatr and amount to lubricate the other o-rings of the first stage)
Shop Tools/Fluids/Etc: $5.00 Degreaser/agents used to clean the regulator of oils or any hard deposits
Total: $105.00

If the shop is simply going to remove the swivel cap, inject the lubricant and then install the sealing ring, $150 would be highly excessive.

Appreciate it...I felt like it was a bit high hence the post. I was expecting $30 - $50 bucks.

Another shop in town wasn’t sure if they even could do it and didn’t even have a quote. ????????

I suppose I’ll get with Atomic and see what they charge as well...

Isn't it depressing how often we get disappointing info or advice from our LDS?
It's a mixed blessing, I guess. We don't pay near the labor cost of a quality service, given the condition in which many regs are delivered to the shop. I guess it's good that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
But we get what we pay for...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom