Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seen that with Murex in Sulawesi as well as Siladin Resort

It was Murex. I've been trying to recall how it was handled at Lembeh Resort.

Excellent point
I've always disliked that and have often tried to save my personal cup. Rarely worked.
That said I've also been in Indo when they do put your name on the cup in the am and that's yours for the day.

A couple of times I got disposal plastic water cups, but it's not eco-friendly. I always bring my own bottle of water, but ye cups of tea or coffee always end up being different coloured cups after each dive
Although I've also had my name tagged on lunch food occasionally

Definitely 100% Covid-19. Or, very little chance of course, one of the hundreds (thousands ?) other viruses or bacteria which give the same signs and symptoms as you described.

LOL, really? I didn't tell you all the symptoms. Also, the town was hit suddenly by this and there were a number of people reporting identical symptoms.

It is A flu, not THE flu.

I'm not sure that it is even A flu. The science and doctors are starting to think that it's a blood disease.

Flu is caused by the influenza virus. As for “being sure”, I have many colleagues and friends who were also just as “sure” that they had COVID-19 in January and February prior to the mass outbreak in my area in March. We all participated in a COVID-19 study using one of the platforms evaluated by the FDA and felt to be one of the most reliable ones currently available. None of them were positive. I doubt that more than 5% of the people studied will and up having a detectable antibody response to COVID-19 infection in our area.

I also had a bad flu-like episode around half of February, after having being in contact with a guy coming from the epicentre of the Italian infection.
All my family got it, and my wife had cough and heavy breathing for almost three weeks. For me it was lighter.
We will have the blood test tomorrow morning (it is just 30 euros now), so I will know tomorrow afternoon and report here.
However my doctor says that being tested negative does not mean with certainty that I have not catched it, as it appears that a number of people do not have antigens anymore after two months.
On the other side, he says that some people result positive, but they never were ill.
I think that doctors have not understood properly the behaviour of this virus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom