Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kevin - really enjoying these vids and can't wait to see your most recent. My 2 Canadian cents, is that I would also enjoy seeing the car trip out to these sites, perhaps in super fast time or something. Just a thought. I liked your top lunch spots. What about including your favourite dive shops or your tank fill up locations. Maybe you have later shows with this stuff. Thanks for bringing a taste of Bonaire to us all during these crazy times.

Cheers
Darrell

Thanks Darrell, we really appreciate your feedback and video ideas! We've got a list of videos we plan on making, including some of the ones you've mentioned. Let's just hope we're all able to make it back to Bonaire soon so we can get more footage! Thanks again for watching, and taking time to give us your thoughts!

Another great video, Kevin. Thanks for posting these! They really are helpful and I really hope I get to utilize the info I'm getting from them soon! The end of July is starting to look scary as to whether or not we will be able to go (or if it will be worth the hassle at that point depending on what's being required of travelers).

Thanks Daebado! The Bonarian government is announcing their roadmap (my word not theirs) for moving forward with tourism etc tomorrow. I'll cross my fingers for you.

My wife and I just launched a YouTube channel that has a heavy emphasis on Bonaire. We’ll have videos with tips & tricks for restaurants, lodging, grocery stores etc., as well as general advice for divers and non-divers. Most important to our friends here on Scubaboard will be our dive site videos. We’ve created informational videos on several of the dive sites. The videos are designed to give you a general overview of the sites so you’ll know what to expect when you arrive for your shore dive. We cover the sites in and out of the water, and my wife Liz actually demonstrates the entries/exits. We have four sites uploaded now, and will be adding more over the next few weeks. If you’re new to Bonaire shore diving, we hope the videos will make your experience easier. If you’re already a Bonaire pro, we hope the videos will allow you to virtually escape to your favorite shore dive destination.

To kick things off we have a video on ten things you can do to make Bonaire shore diving easier. These are simple things any diver can do, or bring to Bonaire to make their experience easier and more enjoyable. Here’s a link to the video: https://bit.ly/bonaireshoredivingtenthings . At the end you’ll be able to link to a playlist of the dive site videos. To jump straight to the dive site videos click here: https://bit.ly/divesiteplaylist . We hope you’ll take time to watch our videos, and if you enjoy them, subscribe to the channel. We’ll be adding more videos over the next few days and weeks, so make sure to click the little notification bell symbol after you subscribe, so you’ll be notified when new videos upload.

With over a decade and hundreds of shore dives on Bonaire, we’ve developed a passion for the island. We hope our videos will help you do the same. Enjoy!

Kevin

Thanks. Show some under water...

Nice job as usual, now I've got another on my list of must-dives!
Hey, can you do one on Bari reef? That will be our house reef while there.
If not, that's ok... just keep doing what you're doing!

Nice job as usual, now I've got another on my list of must-dives!
Hey, can you do one on Bari reef? That will be our house reef while there.
If not, that's ok... just keep doing what you're doing!
Thanks Daebado! Unfortunately we don't have one for you on Bari Reef. We have one left for The Lake that will post next week, and won't have others until we can return to Bonaire. If you've seen yesterday's announcement on travel to Bonaire, it's not yet known when we'll be able to return. The good news is that if it's you're house reef, you're probably staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar? If so you'll have a dock with nice stairs or a ladder for entry/exit. While not the prettiest dive on the island, Bari Reef is world renowned and awesome in it's marine life. And you don't have to dive deep for the good stuff, so you'll be able to enjoy nice long dives. On another note, Liz and I really appreciate that you always take time to watch our videos and provide feedback. Thanks again!

If you've seen yesterday's announcement on travel to Bonaire, it's not yet known when we'll be able to return. The good news is that if it's you're house reef, you're probably staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar?

Yes, Sand Dollar is where we are supposed to be staying but our trip is scheduled for the end of July. The closer it gets, the more worried I get that it's not going to happen. At this point, it still could but even then, what's that trip going to be like? Too many unanswered questions at this point.

On another note, Liz and I really appreciate that you always take time to watch our videos and provide feedback. Thanks again!

Hey, just want to make sure you know someone out there appreciates the hard work you're putting into these and that they really are very useful, especially for us Bonaire first-timers!

Back
Top Bottom