HOG 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medic4070

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Got a question for the group: does anyone know what the difference is between the HOG Classic 2.0 and the Zenith? I’m building a reg set and have an AquaLung Legend 1st stage, just bought a Classic 2.0 (it was on sale at Dive Right In Scuba), and am looking for another 2nd stage/octo.

I’ve searched through SB and other places online and haven’t seen anything that really explains what the difference is. DRIS has the Zenith on sale now, so I was thinking about grabbing that, vs waiting for the HOG RecTec Safe 2nd to come in stock. Anyone got any thoughts or input?

second paragraph of post #3 - D3/Zenith vs D1/Classic for new purchase?

@tbone1004

Post # 4 too..

and Post #8

Now, this is about the Classic. Not sure what the 2.0 brought to the table.

@Jim Lapenta

Thanks- guess my Google-fu sucks and I missed that somehow. I’ll have to explore what the difference is between the Classic and the 2.0. Either way, it doesn’t sound like a bad option.

I have the Classic and Zenith seconds, and both are good. My wife and my daughter each use D1/Classics for cold water, and I have a few Zenith seconds on my stuff.

Essentially you won’t notice much of a difference, performance wise get which ever you like. No reason to wait for the octo.....if you are servicing them yourself then it could make sense to have both second stages match but again, no significant difference. They are great performers for the cost. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom