Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Already Have a DIN Tank Pressure Tester.

If you don't need to add a pressure gauge to the flow limiter, what's the use of the part that you linked? Why add any parts to the flow limiter?

If you don't need to add a pressure gauge to the flow limiter, what's the use of the part that you linked? Why add any parts to the flow limiter?
I Can Analyze Gas and Check Tank Pressure at the Same Time.

I Can Analyze Gas and Check Tank Pressure at the Same Time.

Oh. I see.

Easier with Divesoft Part
ADAPTER M12X1 -> G5/8"

So, you're saying that anyone who buys the Divesoft Trimix analyzer and wants to be able to analyze gas and check tank pressure at the same time will find it easier to buy this adapter that you linked, plus a DIN tank pressure checker, than to buy the parts that I linked earlier?

Got it.

Oh. I see.

So, you're saying that anyone who buys the Divesoft Trimix analyzer and wants to be able to analyze gas and check tank pressure at the same time will find it easier to buy this adapter that you linked, plus a DIN tank pressure checker, than to buy the parts that I linked earlier

Or Add G 1/4/G 1/2 Adapter and G 1/4/G 1/2 Pressure Gauge.

I like the 5/8 adaptor idea. 1-piece and I already have the pressure checker. Would be nice to do a one stop check up when doing the tank load up for the day. You could do a metal O-ringed plug if you want to leave the pressure checker off. If you wanted to analyze as you fill I bet you could use that as a fill port as the analyzer is running. Tapping the fill gas as it goes in.

I would have been happy if there was an adaptor to just mount a button gauge or a regular SPG. The SPG would be nice as it could be a field spare if you needed one on a trip. Do double duty of both the tank checker and the spare for travel.

I learned something recently.

If you allow the thumbscrew on the Pro Flow Limiter (the bleed screw) to back out all the way, it will fall out. When that happens, it also allows Divesoft part # 8133 to fall out.

Part # 8133 is a small ball bearing. 3mm, I think.

After it falls out, I hope you have better luck finding it than my buddy did, who let mine fall out. He was standing in a gravel parking lot.

Without that ball bearing, the bleed screw doesn't seal any more.

I talked to Mat at Divesoft to find out what had been lost and how to replace it. He told me about the ball bearing. He said "we use a stainless steel ball bearing, instead of an O-ring, because a ball bearing is permanent."

He also told me that what happened to me is common and he personally keeps a spare ball bearing in his kit with his analyzer.

Good thing they're permanent, though!

If you don't know the part #, I'm not sure if you'd find the part, or know you found the correct part.

Should you need one, you can order a 5 pack here, for USD$3.

Divesoft.com

Now I have extras, for the next time I let that dive buddy borrow my analyzer... :wink:

Oh yeah, learned that the hard way. A magnet may help you find it, but good luck with that.

LOL Nope. It didn't.... Stainless is non-magnetic. :)

A friend was asking me about some of the details in this thread.

It has occurred to me that instead of buying the Divesoft Pro Flow Limiter and and the pressure gauge I linked before, you could accomplish the same mission by using a drysuit inflation reg (like the one from DGX for $69) and putting an SPG and a BCD inflator whip on it, then adding the Divesoft $15 "Flow Limiter for an Inflator".

You may already have the drysuit inflator reg with an inflation whip on it anyway, if you're at the point of using trimix...

Heck this may have been thoroughly discussed earlier in this thread and I just don't remember it. Getting old sucks...

A friend was asking me about some of the details in this thread.

It has occurred to me that instead of buying the Divesoft Pro Flow Limiter and and the pressure gauge I linked before, you could accomplish the same mission by using a drysuit inflation reg (like the one from DGX for $69) and putting an SPG and a BCD inflator whip on it, then adding the Divesoft $15 "Flow Limiter for an Inflator".

You may already have the drysuit inflator reg with an inflation whip on it anyway, if you're at the point of using trimix...

Heck this may have been thoroughly discussed earlier in this thread and I just don't remember it. Getting old sucks...
I dunno man, might have been suggested in like maybe ummm post #2?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom