Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a 4% fee. Wells Fargo offers me lousy rates like that. I do much better at the ATM at the end of my block.

My bank will charge me at least $3 in fees for using foreign ATMs. That is on top of any fees charged by the ATM owner.

My bank will charge me at least $3 in fees for using foreign ATMs. That is on top of any fees charged by the ATM owner.
That really is predatory, might want to look into a Schwab no cost checking account (with ATM card) for travel. There are no costs for anything and they give an exchange rate at very close to full FOREX rate.

My charles schwab ATM card would give me a bit over 6,600 pesos at today's exchange rate on 300 USD.

Ok, that sucks too. The money handlers & changers are always out to increase their profits. Wells Fargo charges me 3% for using my credit cards I think, but about 2% total on ATM withdrawals.

Well too much up in the air so we will do Florida next week and try for Coz last week in July. Please keep us informed, not to concerned about ATM rates....lol

Out of curiosity as I don't believe I've seen anything on it yet and we are looking to head to either Coz or PDC on July 3rd, how's the current Sargassum situation looking to you folks there on the ground? Last May PDC was horrible, but Coz was fine. Seems many of the webcams in the area are down so it's a bit harder to get a good idea of current conditions. New member here so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

That really is predatory, might want to look into a Schwab no cost checking account (with ATM card) for travel. There are no costs for anything and they give an exchange rate at very close to full FOREX rate.

My charles schwab ATM card would give me a bit over 6,600 pesos at today's exchange rate on 300 USD.

AND zero transaction fees and reimburses the ATM fee.:D

I plan to for my extended trip/living outside the country that I have coming up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom