Just introducing myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGRHRT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, my name is Aaron and I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I’m fairly new to scuba diving ( less than 1yr ) but in that year I have amassed a number of dives. I started Sept of ‘19 as open water and this month I passed my IE. Some will say that it was too quick but believe me when I say that I have been diving pretty much nonstop since I started. A job I had ended, so I threw myself into scuba diving and did nothing but since day one. I have practically lived in the water for almost a year now and it wasn’t clear blue water either. Lots and lots of river diving. I’ve been lurking for a bit just reading posts and figured it was time to make myself known. I didn’t when I first joined and that was rude of me. So for that I am sorry. I look forward to interacting with you all and maybe sometime running into a fellow scuba board member on a dive somewhere. Thanks for having me and reading my long winded introduction.

Welcome! I'm a new member as well and still need to do my intro post. Fairly similar path too, just over two years and received my "Master Scuba Diver" rating in December so I can relate. Names Chad BTW. Cheers!

welcome

Welcome to SB. You seem very dedicated. There are exceptions to the "zero to hero" instructor being not so good.

Thank you for the kind words. Believe me when I say that I avoided at all cost the ones that dive horribly. I chose carefully what and from who I wanted to emulate in the water and on dry land. The number 1 issue with me is safety, and number 2 is respect that we are guests in other living beings home. You don’t go into someone’s house and just walk through hitting tables and knocking over lamps and nick nacks just generally destroying their stuff, and you don’t do it in the ocean.

Welcome to Scuba Board. You've gotten a lot of diving in in a short time; that's good. Wish I could've done the same.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom