Bluewater ‘University’

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does. Anyone have a contact at bluewater? (Not just general email) I think it’s the online dive Store site . some affiliated content on Instagram is clearly utter hogwash about ocean Biology. People are rightly challenging it publicly only to be met with responses of ‘it’s Instagram, lots of stuff is made up, stop complaining’
I can’t imagine they are approving these responses or content and if they are....then it’s a bigger issue, but if not. I’d like to see if I can contact them before their reputation is possibly damaged. ( edited: prior commentary was a little too unfiltered)

Their underwater photography guide is an excellent resource that most underwater photographers would have read/benefited from over the years. So if there "university" is an improvement on that it should be good. Not sure their reputation will become utter garbage.Possibly a better name could of been found but the way the world is going what ever the name was someone would be offended.

scott@bluewaterphoto

Guide to Underwater Photography

I don't know anything about this company. I visited BluewaterU.com and didn't see anything that raised my suspicions.

--They don't have a .edu domain.
--They don't offer any degrees or certificates.
--They don't promise future employment or employability.
--The length and cost of their courses, along with the credentials of their instructors, are clearly set forth.

Everything seems straightforward. They offer very short-term online photography clinics and courses, and they don't pretend the U is anything more than a resource for hobbyists.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with calling their for-profit education arm BluewaterU. The only threat to their reputation would be if the quality or value of their courses isn't good. As a non-photographer, I have no opinion on that.

What am I missing?

It’s the instragram affiliated postings that are the issue IMO. I want to speak to them to direct them to someone who can advise how to structure the social media guidelines to protect their brand. They are a reputable brand and I agree that their content is very good ( hope it doesn’t disappear behind paywalls) It would be a shame if that gold work is undone/eroded by unsolicited affiliation : I just want to draw their attention to it.

If it were my company I would be concerned that the commentary was linked to my brand.

also claims like the ‘worlds leading portal’ etc without reference are unnecessary and detract from the actual validity of the content. In a ‘world’s greatest dad’ kind of way. But that’s just a marketing opinion...

I’ll reach out to Scott.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom