Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very close to pushing the "Send It" button on a Trip to COZ for July 4th. Also considering PDC as more options for beach spots/ more entertainment for my Lady while I'm diving and closer access to the Cenotes. If I read correctly, supposedly the announcements regarding the status of the "Stop Light System" happen on Thursdays, if that's the case hopefully Friday I'll pull the trigger and be inbound soon, island or mainland remains to nailed be down.

With the recent announcement of the extension of the travel ban to Mexico I cannot figure out if it applies to air travel for tourism. Everything I read says land ports of entry for non essential are closed. The government sites aren’t specific about saying air travel is fine. Anyone know? I have a diving trip set up for July 11.

With the recent announcement of the extension of the travel ban to Mexico I cannot figure out if it applies to air travel for tourism. Everything I read says land ports of entry for non essential are closed. The government sites aren’t specific about saying air travel is fine. Anyone know? I have a diving trip set up for July 11.

Just go back to last Friday in this thread. I know Ministry of Giraffes and I both happened to fly down here on the same day. We both posted updates as we went that day (he flew into Cancun, I flew into Cozumel ). I think the posts are around pages 18-20 of this thread I don’t believe anyone has been getting questions about whether our trip is “essential”.

Flew in from Dallas, no problem

Very close to pushing the "Send It" button on a Trip to COZ for July 4th. Also considering PDC as more options for beach spots/ more entertainment for my Lady while I'm diving and closer access to the Cenotes. If I read correctly, supposedly the announcements regarding the status of the "Stop Light System" happen on Thursdays, if that's the case hopefully Friday I'll pull the trigger and be inbound soon, island or mainland remains to nailed be down.

One word of caution: Cancun and Playa del Carmen remain hot beds of Covid 19, which seems not to be the case with Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay

My United flight was under $300 until they cancelled it. It’s a good bit more for me with AA and stops suck (coming out of Houston), but I need some bubble therapy.

From US Embassy website.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/

Travel Restrictions – Fact Sheet
Q&A

Q: What will this mean for airline travel and other travel across the border?

A: This action does not apply to air, rail, or sea travel at this time, but does apply to commuter rail and ferry travel.

COZ it is, but looking a little insight if possible. Myself and my non-diving Girlfriend prefer the big all inclusive resorts with nice sand beaches, restaurants, and entertainment so she is comfortable while I am out swimming with the fishes. Iberostar, where we've been before is shuttered until November which means Dressel is too, at least for now. We're looking at Secrets, but I haven't seen all that great of reviews on "Dive House" who is the on site operator. Can anyone recommend a solid operator that does resort pick ups? Might have to just deal with the on site crew, especially being a single diver and I hate to judge them based solely on reviews, many of which are old but I feel like I should have a backup plan. Planning on booking this trip for July 4th tomorrow. Any tips, tricks, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

COZ it is, but looking a little insight if possible. Myself and my non-diving Girlfriend prefer the big all inclusive resorts with nice sand beaches, restaurants, and entertainment so she is comfortable while I am out swimming with the fishes. Iberostar, where we've been before is shuttered until November which means Dressel is too, at least for now. We're looking at Secrets, but I haven't seen all that great of reviews on "Dive House" who is the on site operator. Can anyone recommend a solid operator that does resort pick ups? Might have to just deal with the on site crew, especially being a single diver and I hate to judge them based solely on reviews, many of which are old but I feel like I should have a backup plan. Planning on booking this trip for July 4th tomorrow. Any tips, tricks, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I do not believe you are locked into using the 'in house' dive op. Other dive ops can pick you up there (I forget if secrets pier charges a pickup fee). Many but not all of the dive ops are spooling back up. You might want to inquire with some of the valet dive ops to see if they can accommodate you. After a three month lock down any of them will probably bend over backwards to accommodate you provided they have enough customers to make the trip economically viable.
Tres Pelicanos
Liquid blue
Blue XT Sea
plus many others.

Back
Top Bottom