Model information : Watergill / Seapro Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fp5849

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been reading some confusing model references in various threads about WaterGill / SeaPro regulators.

Does anyone know which of the following model numbers are correct?
What are the features of the different models?

FSDS 10
FSDS 50
FSDS 100
FSDS 200

Did all of the models feature the Dual Pistons?

fp5849,

Not many people are real familiar with Watergill and Seapro regulators. I know that they came out with the AtPak too. They had a loyal following, but it was pretty narrowly focused, and they did not stay in business long enough to really get established beyond the West Coast of the USA.

SeaRat

A little late responding to this note. I was looking for something else from Water Gill. Water Gill was big in Wisconsin with the At-Pac from 1968 about, to 1977. President Bill Walters and I collaborated on the BCVest in 1975 I later named the challenger. Here's the story; about 1975 Bill came to Milwaukee on his yearly field sales trip. He had a big multi-store scuba store in metropolitan Milwaukee and my stores Bennett Academies. We went to dinner at Jake's and talked scuba. Go figure. He was loosing market share because the lead pellet back pack he designed was loosing favor with the growing traveling diver market. No one wanted to carry lead shot to the islands and the islands didn't want to supply lead shot to that small group. Also they didn't want to pick up lead shot all over the coral. I designed the 'Challenger' on a paper table cover and he built the first vest for me to test. We cut a deal he wouldn't sell the vest to anyone else for two seasons and the design was his. Who Knew? SeaPro came on the scene a little later and then his son took over. I tried to enclose a picture of the third generation, no luck. The first two were, well OK, but we were using the hard shell back pack from the AT-Pac. At the start of the third season the vest had evolved to a soft shell pack for easy travel. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have been reading some confusing model references in various threads about WaterGill / SeaPro regulators.

Does anyone know which of the following model numbers are correct?
What are the features of the different models?

FSDS 10
FSDS 50
FSDS 100
FSDS 200

Did all of the models feature the Dual Pistons?

Only 6 years late in answering :)

Watergill Regulators:
FSDS-10 was the Scubapro MK5 clone first stage and the WG second stage
FSDS-100 was the dual piston First stage with the WG second stage
(FSDS-5 was just the second stage)

Seapro renumbered the Dual piston Reg as the FSDS-50. Seapro did come out with a second generation dual piston reg, that may have been the FSDS-200

Does anyone recognize this, possibly a second generation Seapro dual piston first stage? It was part of a Seapro set that included a hard to find Zephyr second stage. I have not opened the first stage up to see whats inside, but looking into the hose ports at each the ends there appears to be a piston on each side.

FSDS2003.jpg FSDS2002.jpg FSDS2001.jpg

Does anyone recognize this, possibly a second generation Seapro dual piston first stage? It was part of a Seapro set that included a hard to find Zephyr second stage. I have not opened the first stage up to see whats inside, but looking into the hose ports at each the ends there appears to be a piston on each side.

View attachment 593303 View attachment 593304 View attachment 593306

That is the Second Gen FSDS regulator from Seapro. Possibly the FSDS-200. I've never seen a print ad for it.

Interested to hear what the ip settings are on both sides? The original one worked by having a built in IP leak.

That is the Second Gen FSDS regulator from Seapro. Possibly the FSDS-200. I've never seen a print ad for it.

Interested to hear what the ip settings are on both sides? The original one worked by having a built in IP leak.
Thanks for the ID. I will check IP and post results, tested when I received the regulator but don't remember.

Side 1 is 185, side 2 is 90. IP is stable, goes straight to the previous numbers and sticks there.

The regulator is in great cosmetic shape, based on documents included it may have been purchased and used for about 8 dives and then put away until I bought it. I would think it needs a rebuild based on the IP readings, but don't know what normal is on this first stage.

Side 1 is 185, side 2 is 90. IP is stable, goes straight to the previous numbers and sticks there.

The regulator is in great cosmetic shape, based on documents included it may have been purchased and used for about 8 dives and then put away until I bought it. I would think it needs a rebuild based on the IP readings, but don't know what normal is on this first stage.

Side one is about right, those Second Stages needed around 175 to properly function, but the left side is way too low based on the original 1st stage, but I dont know enough about that one to opine. Just that it is way too low to operate the second stage on that side.

Back
Top Bottom