Tennis elbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So between the job (construction stuff), the home renovations and the steel tanks I've managed to give myself tennis elbow. Right when the workout room is almost done so I can start using the weight machine.

Any tips from those who have had this, not doing anything is not an option. I'm using ice, elbow brace and a cream right now.

MOD if not right place feel free to move.

When I was shooting majorly I had a couple of bad bouts of it. Ice, vitamin I (ibuprofen) and this workout worked for me.

I wore a support, not done up too tight and it went away. That was gp diagnosed and prescribed.

Like most guys I ignored it and carried on playing badminton every week until it hurt too much to play and I couldn't grip anything properly. Happily it went away but took around six weeks to recover.

If it is true tennis elbow, and it's very painful even with minimal activity, and you need to use the arm beyond activities of daily living, you might also consider splinting the wrist because the muscles that extend the wrist attach at the elbow where you are having pain. You can test this by gently extending the wrist against resistance. Take an anti inflammatory dose of ibuprofen or naproxen. Physical therapy. If all else fails a well placed cortisone shot.

If there's 1 thing I hate just as much as Kidney Stones, it's Tennis Elbow. Ice is your friend, and if Ibuprofen ain't cutting it, try Meloxicam prescribed by a doctor. It's about a 4 to 6 week haul. A brace can be helpful, but don't become too reliant on it.

The band and ibuprofen worked for me as well, but total recovery took a couple of months, including reducing the activities that caused it in the first place.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-22_7-29-36.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-22_7-29-36.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 44
  • upload_2020-6-22_7-29-36.png
    upload_2020-6-22_7-29-36.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 42
So I started PT.

She doesn't want me working, working on the house or hauling the tanks. I told her I would take a few days off from the house.

I'm doing the NSAID cream, PT exercises (they hurt in the short term but will help long term), elbow brace during the day a wrist brace except if I'm nothing at home the wrist brace goes back on for bed.

This is a very annoying condition.

Back
Top Bottom