Double 30s???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2018-12-8_22-52-33-jpeg.493238.jpg

@tridacna
Sam - Explain 90cu ft at 3000psi. Are you talking about the OP's double 30s?

I see two Al30 cylinders rated for 3000psi usage. I'm perplexed?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Perplexed
You see TWO 45 US Diver cuft HP cylinders produced especially for the ABS system
FYI 45 + 45 = 90
SDM

@tridacna
Sam - Explain 90cu ft at 3000psi. Are you talking about the OP's double 30s?

I see two Al30 cylinders rated for 3000psi usage. I'm perplexed?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Perplexed
You see TWO 45 US Diver cuft HP cylinders produced especially for the ABS system
FYI 45 + 45 = 90
SDM

Dear Dr Sam,

I see two Al3000-S30 tanks in the OP’s initial post. How did these become 45s?

Regards,

Dr Tri

View media item 209668Good afternoon. I own a set of these. Brand new, never been in water, containing the original factory air. Sorry,the photo is not very good. I can scan, and post the instructions as a P.D.F. this week if it would be helpful. They were attached using a saddle, and hard back plate, or jacket style B.C.D. I believe the born date is 1993....I'd have to check. Part # 2804-99
Cheers.
U.S. Divers Twin 30's.png

Attachments

• P_20200413_143651.jpg
    P_20200413_143651.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 67
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 63
Just because the dates were in that time window does not mean that they are bad. get them checked. However even if they are good,,you may not get them filled because of shop rules. My understanding is that it was not ALL tanks in the time window just some. Still they are probably not worth much because of that time window.

Just because the dates were in that time window does not mean that they are bad. get them checked. However even if they are good,,you may not get them filled because of shop rules. My understanding is that it was not ALL tanks in the time window just some. Still they are probably not worth much because of that time window.

I believe that they need a visual eddy before anyone will (or should) fill them. CMIIW.

6351 cutoff for the s30 was May 1988 so it sucks those are from March.

I believe that they need a visual eddy before anyone will (or should) fill them. CMIIW.

Correct given the born dates, they would be made from AL6351 which is a bummer but they can still be placed into service when requalified by having the visual eddy performed. And said above a shop still might not fill them.

That said one can always buy a couple of new AL30s or Al40s and used them with the manifold instead. Or scrap the cylinders, sell the manifold and the OP buy himself and his friend a couple of nice beers.

Correct given the born dates, they would be made from AL6351 which is a bummer but they can still be placed into service when requalified by having the visual eddy performed. And said above a shop still might not fill them.

That said one can always buy a couple of new AL30s or Al40s and used them with the manifold instead. Or scrap the cylinders, sell the manifold and the OP buy himself and his friend a couple of nice beers.

New tanks may be a problem, they have a larger diameter than the old AL30's.. I ran into this issue several years ago when I was fabricating triple manifolds for AL 30s using parts from a USD double manifold and a USD single J valve and the old AL30's. The larger diameter of the new AL30's significantly increased the work needed to gain the necessary tank spacing. Pictured are the old AL30's.

DSC03187.JPG

Back
Top Bottom