My new boat anchor aka Hesier 140

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattK911

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well I happened upon an oddball. I know many are not familiar with this tank so I thought I’d share. Picked up a heiser 140 the other day

140cuft at 3190psi
Or overfill it to 4,500 and end up with almost 200cuft in a single :wink:

specs:
dry weight empty: 63lbs
In water weight empty: -18lbs
In water weight full :-28lbs

size comparison to an lp95, and al80.
She’s a beast

We had a Heiser 190 at a shop I used to work at. It weighed 87 pounds empty with -62 pounds buoyancy when full, - 47 pounds buoyancy empty. You would have to dive with a doubles wing, a liftbag, and no lead.

I've heard of those, but I don' think I've ever seen a photo of one until now. Congratulations on the purchase!

I have a pair, doubled. They were given to me. I’ve never dared dive them.

Dove with a guy that had a set of them, ended up not diving them much as we boat dive primarily and getting them out of the water was problematic. Fun to watch people's eyes bug out when they see those tanks.

He was looking for a way to do three dives a day on 2 sets of doubles, ended up with a 3500 lp set and a 4000 hp set and trans filled to the lp after the first dive.

Not interested, picked up a couple of Faber MP 120s, and I now know my limitations. That Hesier would turn me into a boat anchor.

I have a pair, doubled. They were given to me. I’ve never dared dive them.
but a good excuse to use a 100lb bungied wing of death

Back
Top Bottom