For warm water divers only. Would you consider diving in cold water during travel restrictions?

For warm water divers only, are you willing to dive locally in cold water during travel restrictions

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Only if I get a drysuit

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • It's too cold, even in a drysuit

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • There is no local diving near me

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I've never considered it, but am willing to try it

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I love cold water diving

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • There is nothing to see

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be clear, I live on the East Coast and I don't plan to do any traveling any time soon given the COVID situation and the new southern surge thereof. And I'm sure you've heard that the EU is actively considering barring US citizens based on our (lack of) handling of the pandemic. So I completely understand my Canadian friends' reluctance.

I voted yes, but there really is no cold water diving near me in the Philippines.... haha.

But, if I was elsewhere, I would be willing to do drysuit cold water.

I was tempted to do both yes and no but ended up doing yes and "nothing to see". I did OW cert dives locally in 7 mm and a couple of local dives since. I would sign up for another "lake clean up" dive if they had one this year, but otherwise: there isn't much to see compared to a reef, so I suppose it's OK that vis sucks too.

I'm guessing you didn't intend this for warm water divers whose local diving is warm...

What I would consider is going to the cold water dive site to hang out with divers on dry land!! I'd like to be part of the community but not willing to freeze my backside off and look at green, dark water. But the people ... they're fun!

What I would consider is going to the cold water dive site to hang out with divers on dry land!! I'd like to be part of the community but not willing to freeze my backside off and look at green, dark water. But the people ... they're fun!

lol... You sound exactly like our LDS owner... she loves running the shore but I've only seen her dive in the Caribbean :wink:

After watching some of the videos of the local lake diving, i think i'll pass. However, I am hoping to visit family that live on the Puget Sound this summer and I may try diving the cold water up there, as there is a lot more to see.

Luckily travel restrictions keep me from traveling to cold water... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom