HELP! Migration from Diviac to Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a CSV file of my logs. I cannot figure out how to get it to upload into Subsurface. Anyone who can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

This isn't the best place to get Subsurface support - typically you'll have much more luck in our User Forum
That said, the User Manual contains a fair bit of information in chapter 5.3.6 "Importing data in CSV format" - have you read through that?

Yes, I did. Failed. I just posted on the forum so fingers crossed. Thanks!

In what way did it fail? Did it not import anything or did it import some data and not other? Would it not accept the file and give you a message that it was not importable? Just what did or didn't happen/?

I use Subsurface but have not imported csv files into this program although I do use csv files in another application. I don't know if I'll be able to help you but by answering these questions, perhaps it will give me an idea of what went wrong.

The person who wrote almost all of the import code and still maintains that part of Subsurface is in Finland, so it's rather late for them - might take a day to get a response on the forum.

Thanks GreggS and dirkhh. GreggS:
Using a mac desktop. I have a csv file. I have chosen Import Log Files. I select the CSV file. I move around the headings. The I click OK and am greeted with "Failed to parse" in red.

Dirkhh: Got your message through gmail. I'll PM you. Thank you in advance for your help!

Ah, a Mac. I have no experience with Macs so I have no idea why it would be doing what it is doing. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can help you out with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom